Can I wear this?

(30 Posts)
Cucumberscarecrow Sat 23-Nov-13 11:25:57

If this works properly, you'll see the dress, tights and heels I'm hoping to wear tonight but worried following some advice on here that the shoes and tights don't work.

Sorry to keep plaguing everyone with my wardrobe dilemmas!

I would have guessed you were going to work.

It's very boring for a party.

TripTrapTripTrapOverTheBridge Sun 24-Nov-13 15:15:49

It looks fine but it's daywear and I wouldn't wear it to a party

Cucumberscarecrow Sat 23-Nov-13 17:53:24

Thank you lovely ladies.

Cardoon, yes, mine have a conical heel. Not very beautiful but very comfortable. Sadly, it's comfort over style for me every time when it comes to footwear. This is not just a symptom of advancing years; I have never been able to walk in heels. My mother was very anti-heels. I will have my DD in heels as soon as she can walk as I think it's one of life's key skills wink.

bettykt Sat 23-Nov-13 17:06:12

You have ace legs. I think the shoes perk up the outfit. If you feel happy and comfortable then go for it.

whoselifeisitanyway Sat 23-Nov-13 16:48:01

You could be far more adventurous! Especially as you are so slim.

Sorry - I've killed the thread.

Minnie Mouse is my style icon. smile It looks lovely for work or daywear, but not v partyish. And it's not short - it's barely over your knees, so don't worry about that: I'd be inclined to go much shorter tbh.

cardoon Sat 23-Nov-13 13:41:17

YOU SHOULD ALWAYS WEAR SHORT SKIRTS oops... didn't mean to shout - your legs are indeed fab

Have been to M&S and the only leopards i could find had a conical heel, yours look flat?

bishboschone Sat 23-Nov-13 13:35:58

It's looks nice , not very party party and seeing as you have a great figure you could wear anything . Def don't want black shoes , the leopard is a great contrast .

HappyGirlNow Sat 23-Nov-13 13:25:03

Matchy matchy even! Blinking autocorrect!

HappyGirlNow Sat 23-Nov-13 13:24:28

Everything doesn't have to be 'matcha matcha' - that's so dated..

I always treat leopard print as a neutral, so nice with anything.. Your outfit pieces complement each other fine but it is a bit boring..

Cucumberscarecrow Sat 23-Nov-13 12:13:34

Thank you - I am looking for opinions so am grateful!

NearTheWindmill Sat 23-Nov-13 12:06:29

I think it would look more co-ordinated and the dress looks black and I don't think brown and black match. But that's just me and I am very conservative. I think the outfit looks lovely and you have the legs to carry it so who cares really - it's only an opinion.

Cucumberscarecrow Sat 23-Nov-13 12:04:45

Wouldn't it be very drab with dark shoes?

NearTheWindmill Sat 23-Nov-13 11:59:42

Oh dear - I don't think the shoes go - they don't match. I think you need dark shoes or boots. Apart from the shoes it looks lovely.

Naebother Sat 23-Nov-13 11:59:28

Looks fine. What about adding a scarf with bit of sparkle in it?

Cucumberscarecrow Sat 23-Nov-13 11:56:48

Trixy, I agree in principle but I usually wear very casual clothes and never jewellery. I bought a statement necklace to wear but really didn't feel me. It felt like a step too far. Already, it feels weird in the short dress and jazzy shoes.

Cucumberscarecrow Sat 23-Nov-13 11:54:16

Thank you all lovely ladies! I feel much happier now.

Trust me though, the feet are terrible. Partly genes, part neglect and part long distance running sad.

trixymalixy Sat 23-Nov-13 11:52:59

Both your hands and feet look very slim! As do your legs.

trixymalixy Sat 23-Nov-13 11:51:55

Shoes and tights look fine together.

I wouldn't have said it's a party outfit though.

How about adding a fabulous necklace?

Belize Sat 23-Nov-13 11:49:28

Nothing wrong with your hands at all! Had to go back for a second look and still nothing wrong.

You look lovely smile as does your bedroom envy..

cardoon Sat 23-Nov-13 11:47:14

Your feet look very slim and toned...... unlike your hands grin

Cucumberscarecrow Sat 23-Nov-13 11:44:01

Shoes from m&s. they are footgloves and therefore extremely comfortable. My feet are even worse than my hands so I can't ever wear glamorous shoes.

Cucumberscarecrow Sat 23-Nov-13 11:41:27

A 40th birthday party. But if it works, I'll also wear to my Xmas party.

cardoon Sat 23-Nov-13 11:40:52

That looks lovely excluding your hands - where are the shoes from please? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now