Just a few weeks to find a wedding dress..

(36 Posts)
Bumblebzz Fri 22-Nov-13 10:17:21

Hello

I'm looking for some help from you wise S&B contributors.

We have just (yesterday!) booked a civil marriage ceremony for Christmas Eve. It will be a tiny event - approx 12 close family - but I'd like a "nice" dress. Something elegant, well-cut, but not fussy/floaty.
I will be 4m pregnant (if all goes well - hurrah shotgun wedding) and as it's my second, I expect I might have a tiny bump already (though I have had such bad nausea so not bloated yet) so the cut of the dress would need to allow for some expansion. I am normally a fairly trim size 10-12, 5' 6" tall, and pale so unsure about wearing white/cream.
I'd love a cowl neck style as it seems to suit me, knee length or below the knee (not above the knee and not a maxi).
I am 41, so feel a bit old to be the blushing bride but still want to look well.
Thanks in advance!

cantthinkofagoodone Fri 22-Nov-13 14:16:31

www.hobbs.co.uk/product/display?productID=0213-5768-3793L00&productvarid=0213-5768-3793L00-OYSTER NUDE-18&refpage=dresses

Sample sales are where they sell off the dresses in the shop so you take the display one. I got mine for £250 down from £750 in perfect condition.

Just call around a few bridal shops in your area.

Whatchandrozani Fri 22-Nov-13 14:26:27
CestTout Fri 22-Nov-13 14:33:06

Could you give Monsoon a call and see if they can tell you if the dress is in any stores?

noddyholder Fri 22-Nov-13 14:45:42

Bumble I didn't see that it came in burgundy its lovely.

noddyholder Fri 22-Nov-13 14:50:51
Bumblebzz Fri 22-Nov-13 14:58:12

TheEyeofHarmony my li'l sis said the exact same thing so I've just ordered the size 10, I can always return it and it also gives me a good idea of the fabric/fit/colour etc because I might not even like it in reality...

Bumblebzz Fri 22-Nov-13 15:02:12

cantthinkofagoodone that Hobbs one looks really lovely!

Whatchandrozani the m&s one looks a bit short and a bit plain, and also I never seem to get a good fit with m&s dresses, but thanks for helping smile

CestTout great idea (duh, i am so all about online shopping now i never thought of the stores!). I've paid for express delivery tomoro of the size 10, so I will get on the phone if i like it and need to find a size 12.

noddyholder that is indeed a bargain and lovely - am tempted to get it even if not for the wedding, would be a lovely dress for work.

Bumblebzz Fri 22-Nov-13 15:02:41

lol, except i just realised it's floor-length, definitely not suitable for work!

noddyholder Fri 22-Nov-13 15:05:10

I have ordered the other one in same colour and material the Janice quite 60s looking and I love Ghost

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now