Jeans for my teen DS. 24" waist 32" leg

(24 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 21-Nov-13 22:35:42

He's a nightmare to buy for.
He's not in the least bit bothered about clothes .His idea of Hell on Earth is being dragged round clothes shops.

So at the moment he's cladding his legs in Primark straight leg chino type trousers (£10 a pair,) Mens size 26" waist 32" leg
He's got a pair in all the colours he would wear (no outlandish colours or styles for him)

He looks very Sheldon Copper with his trousers, hair, T-Shirts, build and general demeanor .

So, I want to buy him jeans. At a pinch he can get away with a 26" waist and a belt.
But I can't find anything under a 28" waist.
Where can I look? I'm going to have to brave trendy men's shops aren't I?

MakingAnotherList Fri 22-Nov-13 02:04:47

I am hoping for some replies as my son is exactly the same and shopping for him is so frustrating!

Eastpoint Fri 22-Nov-13 05:40:20

If he doesn't like jeans even if you buy them he won't wear them (sad voice of experience).

dexter73 Fri 22-Nov-13 06:52:45

How about Primark? If they do 26" in the chinos they will probably do them in jeans too.

bigTillyMint Fri 22-Nov-13 06:56:57

I was going to suggest Primani chinos!

Does he want jeans? DS hasn't got any that fit worn jeans in over a year - he is 12, but the size of a 14/15year old, and fancies he has plently of swag!

H&M always used to be good for jeans for DS till he grew, haven't tried them recently (obviously!) Whatever you get, a big waist is better than ankle swingers. And anyway, they all wear them lowwink

Hopasholic Fri 22-Nov-13 09:13:04

The best fit I've found for my DS are Levi's. (poss levi 510) He has one pair of these, as they're £££ compared to others but they do fit properly.

Other shops to try are Topman & River Island but I can't remember off hand if they're 24" or 26". He wears their slim fit chinos.

bishboschone Fri 22-Nov-13 09:16:12

Hollister

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 22-Nov-13 16:17:34

I had a look in Primark but their jeans are a 26" waist 30" leg (too short) or a 28" waist 32" leg (too big)

He used to wear the boys until he got too tall (and because of his shape he really suits jeans)

I'm going to Matalan tomorrow so I'll look in there (got a money off voucher grin ) They do the branded ones. I would pay the money for a good pair (but last time I looked there at boys jeans they were all zipped or those 'twist' leg. Or the ones with your crotch round your knees. Youths/Mens might be better)

thanks

FauxFox Fri 22-Nov-13 16:24:02

ebay or laoads at asos 26 Reg is 26/32

HTH

geogteach Fri 22-Nov-13 16:57:00

We have a similar problem, so a linked question where do you find a short enough belt? Men's ones start at 28" and nobody seems to sell kids ones. I know I could get extra holes put in a long one but I just want an easy solution!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 22-Nov-13 17:39:58

I got DS a belt in M&S (boys dept) I think it was for an 8-10 yo.
He really is slinky but taller than me now (I'm 5'5" and he's overtaken me grin )

I bought a couple from Next before (with an elatic webbing bit) but it split after a couple of wears sad

sandiy Fri 22-Nov-13 17:46:05

Next do skinny kids clothes! they also do bigger fitting clothes have a look on line I think they are called slim fit or something.My dd wears jeans for 6 year olds so she can have skinny jeans and they still hang off her but as a girl she wears them with longer boots to disguise the short length Would he wear high tops so you can go down a size or two?

juneau Fri 22-Nov-13 17:51:33

My stepmother, who is tall and very thin, always wears Lee jeans (men's).

seenitallbefore Fri 22-Nov-13 18:09:25

Expensive option would be All Saints . Great fitting skinny jeans and the 28inch ones seem smaller and a better fit on our slim DS . The other surprisingly good shop for slim teenage boys is American Apparel. they do unisex slim fit jeans down to I think 24 inch .

BeattieBow Mon 25-Nov-13 12:58:32

have you tried Johnnie B jeans? They do them in 24 and 26 inch waists, and Long and shorter lengths - this may be long enough for him.

My ds is also tall and thin - he is too tall for Johnnie b, but he is 6 ft tall now. I get his jeans in a 28 inch waist from Gap or Topman. (he's also fussy and won't wear very skinny jeans or chinos although he looks good in them!).

BeattieBow Mon 25-Nov-13 13:00:43

and actually my ds's favourite jeans are from Next aged 16 jeans. but he needs a belt with them.

working3jobs Mon 25-Nov-13 21:21:20

assistant in NEXT told me boys clothes finish at age 12 then its mens sizes!!

Eastpoint Tue 26-Nov-13 05:45:45

How lazy bizarre, they sell up to size 16.

next size chart

CiderwithBuda Tue 26-Nov-13 06:09:09

Next only do up to age 12 in store - the other sizes are on line only I think.

You would think the assistant would know that.

My DS is skinny too and I was looking for 26 waist but he tried a 28 in Topman yesterday and they are fine.

MrsSchadenfreude Tue 26-Nov-13 08:14:47

Try Gap? Or Johnnie B.

working3jobs Fri 06-Dec-13 17:22:44

oh, am so happy- found perfect fitting jeans for the boy at weekend!!

H&M waist 24, leg 32. £7.99 (not even in the sale)

yes, they are ladies, but he doesn't know! and the zipper /button opens the same side as his boy jeans.
result!

CiderwithBuda Sat 07-Dec-13 10:33:20

Excellent!

My DS is a skinny thing but not as skinny as yours by the sounds of it. We found Topman 28 waist 32 leg fits well. Needs a belt but is ok.

Theas18 Sat 07-Dec-13 10:38:56

Primark covered the boy/man gap for us. Not in any predictable way but in a " go try everything on that looks likely" way. I think this is because it's all so badly made the variation between sizes/colours/styles meant there were some that did fit!

Mind you looking in m&s for trousers for dh we couldn't work out what the black trousers fitted and the navy didn't till I happened to have my knitting bag with my and there was a 1 inch difference in inside leg between colours! They were an ankle flapping 28 inch instead of a 29!

mariacally72 Thu 31-Dec-15 16:38:58

I also bought HM girls slim fit jeans for my big boy but they seem to have stopped doing them! Or that just my Lewisham branch?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now