Which aftershave to get for teenage ds?

(26 Posts)
lemonfairycake Thu 21-Nov-13 13:39:14

I'm starting to do my christmas shopping and I'm working through his list. All he's asked for is games and films. I'd like to get him an aftershave too. Which aftershaves are teenage boys wearing now?

We've bought teenage DN, CK Shock. Last year we bought him CK One and he loved it. We wanted something light because teenage boys are not known for being light with the application of smellies!

kawaii Thu 21-Nov-13 15:09:13

Jake from Hollister is cool as far as I know. It also smells lovely, i'd like DP to wear it but he might be a bit old at 31.

cuddlymoomoo Thu 21-Nov-13 16:39:53

I agree, 13, 14 year olds seem to like Hollister - they grow out of it quickly though so don't buy more than one, they're very fickle (saying this knowing there are about 5 unused bottles in the wardrobe angry ) . . .

cuddlymoomoo Thu 21-Nov-13 16:40:20

Jack Wills stuff too

Fuckitthatlldo Thu 21-Nov-13 16:52:38

Davidoff Cool Water is classic and easily likeable.

I'm buying my son some Knize Ten - he's 15 and it's far too sophisticated for him really, but I love it and am planning on nicking it occasionally

chartreuse Thu 21-Nov-13 18:00:13

I'm getting 15 yr old ds the Lynn Harris Cologne from M&S

LeonieDeSainteVire Thu 21-Nov-13 18:33:04

I'll second Jake from Hollister, DS has it and it's a really nice, not too strong, scent.

baskingseals Thu 21-Nov-13 20:28:48

My nephew wears Millions by Paco Rabane. He's worn it for a couple of years now, he is 17, smells gorgeous.

ArtDecoGirly Thu 21-Nov-13 20:58:44

I just bought my DS (14) a bottle of good old Joop!

futterbingers Thu 21-Nov-13 21:08:25

I second Davidoff Cool Water, my son has worn it since he grew out of Lynx (at about 16 yoa). Its light and fresh and smells "clean".

Rosieliveson Thu 21-Nov-13 21:15:41

Armani code, Armani diamonds are a safe bet and that one that looks like a gold bar. I think that Boss by Hugo Boss is a great frangrance. Smells lovely!!

lemonfairycake Thu 21-Nov-13 21:54:25

Thank you for all the ideas. I used to wear CK one when I was a teen and it brings back memories of being young and carefree every time I smell it smile I love Joop but it would just be wrong on my ds, that one will be saved for dh only blush I'm liking the sound of Jake from Hollister. I'm going to make a list and pop to Boots. Thank you all again.

bobs Thu 21-Nov-13 21:57:50

If's his first, Lynx has some good smellies eg Africa

CointreauVersial Thu 21-Nov-13 23:21:43

I'm looking for something for 14yo DS.

Jake Hollister sounds good - please tell me it's not ridiculously overpriced like most of the stuff in that shop (I think I already know the answer).

Knize Ten shock Wowser ! grin

My 14yo still sprays on Lynx <<for shame>> blush

Do your 14 yo shave? (Nosy emoticon)

LeonieDeSainteVire Fri 22-Nov-13 22:33:53

I had no idea how hideous Lynx was until I bought some shower gel for DS, the whole house reeks every morning, I am never letting any more of the stuff in the house!

HarryStottle Sat 23-Nov-13 08:18:55

My 16 yo has just asked for Millions by Paco Rabanne - he has a sampler of it he uses. No idea of the price.
I think it's sweet how come secondary school they all get in to Lynx then after a few years decide it's too young for them - it's a right of passage!

Longdistance Sat 23-Nov-13 08:31:45

Lacoste is very trendy amongst younger people.

cuddlymoomoo Sat 23-Nov-13 13:07:01

I think the Hollister stuff is about £25 but it lasts as it's quite strong. (I don't think Hollister clothes are too bad actually, not like Jack Wills stuff. It lasts ages, is decent quality and there is always sale stuff.) They have an offer on body products just now too which is a good option - 3 for £12 maybe? Body spray etc

cuddlymoomoo Sat 23-Nov-13 13:08:35
cuddlymoomoo Sat 23-Nov-13 13:09:27

I must have the 3 for £12 wrong - but there's definitely an offer if you buy three of these in store, and it's cheaper than buying one aftershave

www.hollisterco.com/shop/uk/dudes-body-care

cuddlymoomoo Sat 23-Nov-13 13:10:52

Jack Wills after shave is good though, and cheaper than the clothes! 25% off when you enter FRIEND at checkout:

www.jackwills.com/en-gb/home-accessories/fragrance

Merguez Sat 23-Nov-13 15:17:40

In my experience Lynx is the only one they think is cool.

Which is a great pity as it is nasty cheap smelly stuff

<<hides the bottle of Lynx I bought for DS>>

Asks DS if he'd like to come to Hollister to smell cologne

"What about me says I'm the sort of person who wants to go into Hollister with his mother ?"

<<gets bottle of Lynx back out of cupboard and firmly places in DS present pile>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now