Uggs - yay or nay?

(33 Posts)
eurochick Tue 19-Nov-13 22:26:57

I feel I am rather late to this particular party. I used to HATE Uggs with a vengeance. The slip sloppy walk made me feel a bit stabby. But I have raynaud's and my feet are always cold so I tried on my first pair today (not the standard slip sloppy kind, one with a bit of shape to it). It was like walking on little fluffy clouds. In short, I think I want them (even though my husband was not impressed). They've been around for years, but it seems like every other person I see out is wearing them, and now I think I understand why. Should I go for it?

SecretRed Tue 19-Nov-13 22:32:50

Everyone on here will tell you that they are the devils boots but I loved mine. They finally went in the bin after 4 years last spring but my feet craved them today in the freezing temperatures!

Cherrypie32 Tue 19-Nov-13 22:32:52

Yay, and I have never slippy sloppy walked in mine as they don't do that if they are the real thing. I would however recommend Celtic Sheepskin boots for warmth and cheaper too.

Cherrypie32 Tue 19-Nov-13 22:36:30

20% discount with code PERC at Celtic Sheepskin too

thefirstmrsrochester Tue 19-Nov-13 22:39:04

ooooh seconding Celtic Sheepskin. I had a lovely pair from there for a few weeks until they were requisitioned by DD. loads of different styles to be had too.

thefirstmrsrochester Tue 19-Nov-13 22:42:55

Cherrypie tomorrow is my day off, I have wine, the laptop to myself and you offer a discount code for Celtic Sheepskin.....what were you thinking? cant be held responsible for own reckless online spending now

LulaPalooza Tue 19-Nov-13 23:18:03

I also used to loathe Uggs but then I discovered Ugg Noiras

They are so freaking comfy, I love them more than any other footwear. Stupidly expensive but I wear them all the time. They don't make me do that sloppy scuffy walk either. I bloody love them.

MotherBluestocking Tue 19-Nov-13 23:21:28

I kind of love mine, but only wear them in the country.

bishboschone Tue 19-Nov-13 23:22:50

My noiras are in their second winter .. Bloody lub them too!!

bishboschone Tue 19-Nov-13 23:23:29

They come in three colours too .

I hated them for years. I think they are the ugliest things ever. I caved and bought some a month or so ago and they haven't been off my feet. So warm and comfy. I am mad at myself for not trying them earlier, my feet have been missing out.

ninah Tue 19-Nov-13 23:36:56

Yes, another late convert here.

Cherrypie32 Wed 20-Nov-13 09:04:53

Mrsrochester go easy now winkwink

Butwhereto Wed 20-Nov-13 09:34:14

I am wondering the same thing op. How do the noira owners think they would compare to something like the merrell oslo's which are also furry inside. Do they leak in the rain? It's the rain/water mark issue that has historically put me off uggs (as well as the ugg walk!)

Cherrypie32 Wed 20-Nov-13 09:47:24

I own Ugg Kensingtons which whilst lovely and warm and very solid, are not waterproof and leak very quickly despite being leather. Celtic do a waterproof sheepskin boot called Aqualamb.

gonetobed Wed 20-Nov-13 09:53:07

I LOVE uggs and have 3 pairs. They are so comfy and warm even without socks.

Only buy the real things though!

whatsagoodusername Wed 20-Nov-13 10:13:51

Are Uggs not generally waterproof then? That's when I would want them - when it's cold and wet out.

You can use waterproof spray on them.

foxysocks Wed 20-Nov-13 11:07:33

i love sheepskin lined boots, they don't have to be uggs. have some choc brown kenlys and black/charcoal short ones from australia luxe.

would like some sheepskin lined snow boots too.

foxysocks Wed 20-Nov-13 11:09:02

i don't wear mine in the wet, even though they are sprayed. i think they last longer if you don't. my kenlys are three years old and look new, I replaced the inner soles this year as they had worn down through use (celtic sheepskin sell the insoles for around £8) but the outers are in great condition.

bishboschone Wed 20-Nov-13 11:28:18

My noiras have never leaked .. They don't have a tide mark either .. They have weathered
A bit but I have worn them non stop all last winter and will again this winter . I'm a sahm and need clothing that works and also looks good ( to me anyway) .. I have 3 pairs of classic and ugg Tatum .( leather ) and they are all super
Comfy and hardwearing . I wear the classics if I'm going somewhere dry and clean bit noiras very where else and tatums for evenings or posh days ... My feet are difficult and hurt in a lot of shoes but uggs are fine . To me well worth the money .

bishboschone Wed 20-Nov-13 11:29:39

Real uggs don't have the ugg walk. Only fake uggs or copies have it... !!!!

WeAreSix Wed 20-Nov-13 11:32:57

I love my Uggs. All 3 pairs of them! And I walk properly in them, it's only the cheap fakes that do the awful turn-over thing so you don't walk on the soles.

Do it!

checking out link for potential 4th pair damn you!

eurochick Wed 20-Nov-13 11:33:21

Well I have ordered a pair of Celtics, a pair I had been humming and hawing about for about 2 months and were selling out fast (thanks for the 20% discount code). I will see what they are like when they arrive!

foxysocks Wed 20-Nov-13 12:30:04

my australia luxe don't do the feet falling in thing. they are v well made.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now