What new purse? £250 budget

(77 Posts)
littlepinkpear Sat 16-Nov-13 14:11:49

I've been saving for a new purse, was thinking of a mulberry one but really don't fancy it now.

What good alternatives could I look at? Just needs to be black or brown leather and be a good size to hold cards and money grin

noviceoftheday Mon 18-Nov-13 17:21:17

I used to have an Osprey. Got it from TK Maxx and was lovely. It lasted a few years though did look slightly battered by the end. I would happily buy another.

I use 2 Guccis now. One leather and the other canvas. I have had the leather for about 4 years and highly recommend it.

As an aside some of the witty posts on this thread have made me laugh.smile

Djangor Mon 18-Nov-13 17:36:32

Congrats on saving to buy a special version of an everyday item. I'm saving for some special gloves at the moment as I'm always a million times more careful when I've spent more money on something & I dread to think how much I've wasted over the last 5 years on cheap gloves which I stuff in pockets & then drop & lose. As we are near winter sales time I would recommend postponing your purchase until then or buy on a discount site; but first I would go to a big department store in my nearest big city and check out leather quality and colours for different brands and decide what style & size to get. I used to have a big rectangular wallet into which I could fit loads of receipts etc but it was too big to fit into a small bag or pocket so, of course, I had my car broken into & the wallet stolen when I had hidden it under a seat while walking the dog. Now I prefer something similar to the Anya Hindmarch one linked above.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now