Why do so many tops only have three quarter length sleeves?

(11 Posts)
Jemster Thu 14-Nov-13 07:12:38

I've just received a load of tops from Next delivery. Most fit me well and are in good colours but the sleeves finish way above my wrist! I hate this as a) it is getting cold now and I want to be warm & b) I get slightly swollen wrists due to arthritis and i like to keep them covered.

Why are so many tops like this? It's so annoying and I think looks a bit odd. These will all have to be returned now, I wish they'd make it clear on website that half the arm is missing!

Sorry for moan, feel bit better now!

It's "the fashion".... grin

Can you exchange them for something else?

LittleTulip Thu 14-Nov-13 07:28:00

Love 3/4 sleeves. They are the perfect length for me. Soz

CeeceeBloomingdale Thu 14-Nov-13 07:30:13

I love 3/4 length myself, normal length are too long. Sainsburys tops have really long arms.

Jemster Thu 14-Nov-13 07:33:39

Yes I guessed it must be the fashion I just hate it!
Tops can go back and I'll keep looking.

icingmyback Thu 14-Nov-13 07:35:14

i agree op. i just bought a really thick woolly jumper and it's got 3/4 length sleeves! if i'm wearing thick wool, i'm too cold to expose half my arms.

I hate it too. You can push long sleeves up if that's your preference! But if they're too short, well tough. I sympathise.

learnasyougo Thu 14-Nov-13 07:43:19

would it work to wear a merino jumper underneath in, say white or black? merino wool is lovely and fine, not scratchy or bullky but warm.

SpookyRestingFace Thu 14-Nov-13 09:15:24

I love 3/4 sleeves as I find them v flattering, but agree it's annoying in a winter top. But then I'd never be wearing just a top in winter as I heat my house very minimally, so I layer up.

LadyVetinari Thu 14-Nov-13 10:41:20

I only wear 3/4 sleeve tops - they don't get in the way when I'm washing my hands, cooking, playing guitar etc, whereas long sleeves are cumbersome when rolled down or tight and uncomfortable when rolled up. 3/4 sleeve jumpers and coats are just odd, though.

MrsWolowitz Thu 14-Nov-13 12:03:29

I'm with you OP. 3/4 sleeves are so annoying when it's cold.

I like to wear a gilet but can't do that with 3/4 sleeves as my wrists will be freezing. They are flattering but I wish more tops came with long sleeves in winter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now