Anyone else get a Mallen Streak in their hair?

(13 Posts)
notnowImreading Thu 14-Nov-13 07:29:01

Only when over-enthusiastic with the dry shampoo because I can't be arsed to stop reading, get out of bed and wash hair. Like today. Big old streak today. grin

CeeceeBloomingdale Thu 14-Nov-13 07:26:23

I've used that but it turned my white bits orange. A better solution for me was superdrug's dry shampoo in chocolate brownie.

Oops! Sorry. Think I've done it now....

LadyVetinari Wed 13-Nov-13 23:05:43

I've had developing over my right eye since I was 13, and it thickened up nicely during the (stressful) final year of my undergraduate degree! I like it grin.

QueenofLouisiana - you need to make your profile public for us to see.

timidviper Wed 13-Nov-13 22:56:47

I have a natural one, started appearing about the age of 17 and now (at 53) it is pure white from an area of scalp about the size of a 10p. I dye my hair dark, warm brown but have some chunky bleached slices in the front to match in with it.

One of my brothers also has one but no-one else in the family at all although my Dad said he remembered an elderly aunt with one when he was a child so it must be there in the genes somewhere

DavidHarewoodsFloozy Wed 13-Nov-13 22:49:01

For those with the natural streak, does it run in.the family?

chalkythecat Wed 13-Nov-13 22:38:22

I had one but now it's dyed and I think I'm grey all over. sad

Have put a photo up on my profile- thoughts on the colour of the streak? I quite fancy it having a name instead just being "my bloody awful hair"!

I'm not sure if my streaks are silver or light blonde, but they are natural anyway! I am now using the silver hampoo to enhance my silver- trying to feature it rather than hide it!

WildThong Wed 13-Nov-13 22:17:59

Wonder why not the brown one? My hair is dyed a kind of light to mid brown and I get a bit of warmth coming from my natural colour. I got that coppery red one and it picked out the warm tones and definitely toned down my very silver roots (but didn't colour them red or copper)

FeisMom Wed 13-Nov-13 21:51:45

I looked at the darker brown shade and it said not to be used on grey or highlighted hair sad

scarletforya Wed 13-Nov-13 21:47:08

Me, thanks!

WildThong Wed 13-Nov-13 21:45:21

Mine is really bad at the roots but I've been trying to colour it less often. Anyway I found a bit of a bargain that really helps tone in the silveriness and enhances the faded dye. This stuff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now