I have a very fine blonde moustache

(20 Posts)
Atari Mon 11-Nov-13 15:20:50

There's a lot if hair but it's very fine - fluff rather than bristle iyswim. It's also very fair but the hairs are quite long.

DH says its fine and doesnt show but i think that when it catches certain lights it really does show.

How bad does it need to be before i should do something about it? Im not keen to wax it because of spots-i always get a few when i have my eyebrows done........

Loopyloulu Mon 11-Nov-13 16:19:48

Congratulations! smile

Use veet?

JetJungle Mon 11-Nov-13 18:15:47

Epistick from ebay @ £1ish. Lasts forever and woks a treat.

JetJungle Mon 11-Nov-13 18:16:32

*works blush

Atari Mon 11-Nov-13 18:22:23

So you think it probably is bad enough that i need to do something about it? Was hoping you'd say i was the only one who notices it!

Littleredsquirrel Mon 11-Nov-13 18:24:47

Just think yourself lucky. I have a very dark moustache and am now starting to get a beard to match.

I have fine blond hair (if I bleach it) all over my face and ears to the extent that I am definitely furry. I trim it. hold the scissors close to your face and trim. Easy. Fur gone. It doesn't grow back darker or stubbly either as it will do if you start to wax or epilate it.

Well we can't really know how bad it is since we can't see you. But it is very common for women to have facial hair, that's why there is a variety of ways to remove it.

CuntyBunty Mon 11-Nov-13 18:33:22

Ha, I have one of those, or did have. I epilate the fucker, or sometimes even shave it. It is too fine to grow back thick.
I knew it was time to do something when my then 3 year old DS 1 looked lovingly into my sunlit face and asked, "got whiskers Mummy?"grin

Branleuse Mon 11-Nov-13 18:37:00

maybe youre a mammal?

WhiteArmedHera Mon 11-Nov-13 18:37:31

I have fine blonde fluff and I thread it - really easy once you get the hang of it (see videos on youtube), I also do my eyebrows, so much better (quicker, neater, better line) than tweezing. Like you I think it's noticeable only in certain light, but with threading being so easy why not get rid. It doesn't grow back any darker or coarser etc.

WhiteArmedHera Mon 11-Nov-13 18:39:11

ps it has to be said it does hurt a bit, upper lip. Ice helps.

Primadonnagirl Mon 11-Nov-13 18:43:47

How the hell do you do your own threading??! I get my eyebrows and upper lip done at the local salon and am amazed they can do it but never thought it would be possible to do it yourself!

calamitygin Mon 11-Nov-13 18:44:13

well it is movember

WhiteArmedHera Mon 11-Nov-13 18:51:24

Primadonna, they do it a very clever way using their teeth when you get it done professionally, for home use you just get a loop of cotton thread, about 40 cms in total, held between your hands as if starting a cats cradle, then twist your right hand round several times so there is a tight little spiral of wound thread in the middle - then you'll need to watch a youtube video to see how you do it, I would say it took about 10 mins to master it and it is honestly BRILLIANT! I couldn't believe I hadn't already heard about it on MN - like the oil cleansing method and bare minerals and the home Brazilian hair straightening stuff so many other things which have transformed my life...!!

FreshLeticia Mon 11-Nov-13 19:02:58

So do I.
I use wax strips - they dont pull all of the hair off, just the longer ones, so you are left with a realistic layer of fine hairs.

googietheegg Mon 11-Nov-13 19:06:18

Veet wax strips every three weeks. Warm on a radiator first, make sure your face is clean and dry. One side at a time - smooth the strip down then pull it off quickly. Put a little sudocrem on it then go to bed.

LoosingBattle Mon 11-Nov-13 19:40:20

Episticks are amazing. Saved myself a fortune in threading. smile

msrisotto Mon 11-Nov-13 19:41:51

Me too. I don't do anything with it. I'm still gawjuss.....

mammadiggingdeep Mon 11-Nov-13 19:47:29

Threading is your friend.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now