Come over here and put me off this jumper

(56 Posts)
Mosschops30 Sat 09-Nov-13 20:48:55

here

i really wanted it, but they didnt have my size and its ridiculously expensive.
Please put me off it because i bought something cheaper but im still dreaming of the fox grin

jenniferjain Wed 08-Jan-14 11:45:11

I have been using Fox accessories and just love latest Fashion trends to keep up with style smile

daftbesom Tue 12-Nov-13 12:39:53

Looks like something a try-hard squire-botherer would wear. Who was old before their time. Prob with a inverted-pleat tweed skirt and loafers.

Deathwatchbeetle Tue 12-Nov-13 07:08:55

I don't really like either - for some reason the material looks ugh on both andon the 2nd one I hate pockets on jumpers. But my taste is questionable anyway!

Mosschops30 Mon 11-Nov-13 22:52:30

Dd loves that 'what does the fox say' song grin
I have fox gloves ❤️❤️ and love them

Am currently wearing new non fox jumper and it looks very nice smile

lollylaughs Mon 11-Nov-13 13:03:57

The first thing that came into my mind when I saw that jumper is that annoying song "What did the fox say........."

TripTrapTripTrapOverTheBridge Mon 11-Nov-13 09:49:07

Do all you Fox lovers get secretly laughed at? grin

FriendlyElephant Sun 10-Nov-13 23:27:24

I really like that sainsbury's one blush

Preciousbane Sun 10-Nov-13 23:26:30

I saw the raccoon one in ASDA yesterday, at least it was cheap.

southeastastra Sun 10-Nov-13 23:22:00

i really like it

Thanks a bunch people - I'm not stuck with a

"What does the fox say?
Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
What the fox say?"

earworm.

trixymalixy Sun 10-Nov-13 23:14:46

I like fox jumpers. I have this henry holland one from 2 years ago. Don't like the one you did buy, sorry.

RiffyWammal Sun 10-Nov-13 22:05:50

Oh my goodness. The fox jumper - I love it. What is wrong with you people??? But then I am rocking these beauties lately smile

And only ten quid from Asda!

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sun 10-Nov-13 14:22:29

actually, although it's synthetic, last season's joules one has a really nice feel, far comfier than my uniqlo 100% merino ones, which do itch a bit.

seventy quid is still taking the piss though.

I've been thinking about this again (sad, me?). The fox one is daft, but overall, I've decided I'd rather wear a daft one than the second one. Really though, if I was spending £50 or more, I'd want a proper merino or lambswool jumper, in a neutral colour.

lifesgreatquestions Sun 10-Nov-13 12:26:42

(but the second one is dull!)

ThePorpoiseOfStupidity Sun 10-Nov-13 12:26:05

<adjusts tannoy>

lifesgreatquestions, please step away from the fox jumper. Immediately.

grin

Housesellerihope Sun 10-Nov-13 12:24:09

The thing that amazes me about the first jumper is that it has 4.5/5 stars from 69 reviewers. I always used to take comforting the fact that although I am slightly deficient in taste I try to buy clothes with good reviews so I couldn't be going too far wrong. But that jumper.... is just wrong!! Quite like the second one.

lifesgreatquestions Sun 10-Nov-13 12:02:01

I prefer your first choice... and I hate clicking on S&B threads because they always make me want to buy crap I don't need... Off to look at the stupid fox sweater again... grumble.

Mosschops30 Sun 10-Nov-13 11:53:17

gringringringringringrin Feel so much better

SavoyCabbage Sun 10-Nov-13 10:07:50

Unless you are working part time as a Gyles Brandreth lookie-likey, you have made the right decision.

ThePorpoiseOfStupidity Sun 10-Nov-13 09:53:15

It's pretty terrible sorry op. Why is only one of the cuffs red too? I would not be spending that much on a jumper, let alone one with a coat wearing, stick wielding fox on it.

charitygirl Sun 10-Nov-13 09:43:15

They have such a cheek charging £70 for a jumper with 30% polyester. OP you deserve better!

I WILL buy polyblend knitwear but won't pay more than £30. Arbitrary but fair I feel.

feelingvunerable Sun 10-Nov-13 06:55:40

OMG to that first jumper is all I can say!

MooseBeTimeForSnow Sat 09-Nov-13 21:30:33

That first one has Val Doonican written all over it

ouryve Sat 09-Nov-13 21:22:05

At that price, I'd expect it to me made out of something a bit nicer than the cheap, mostly synthetic and viscose blend, with just enough angora to shed and tickle, that you can get on the cone from colourmart. It'll probably crease and not hang well over any other clothes, but not be particularly warm, either.

And unless you're under 12, intarsia sweaters are not a good look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now