Citrusy perfumes

(33 Posts)
PepeLePew Sun 03-Nov-13 17:55:48

I've been given £60 as a "treat yourself" gift and want to buy some perfume. I love Acqua di Parma (the Assoluta one) but it doesn't last long on me and there doesn't seem to be a body cream which would help make it last. What other options are there? Something lime-y and tangy would be perfect...

FaddyPeony Mon 04-Nov-13 14:36:00

I love the smell of the L'Occitane Verbana too but haven't ever bought it. I wear Origins' Ginger Essence which has a lot of bergamot in it, but it is pretty light.

PastaBeeandCheese Mon 04-Nov-13 14:16:41

YY to Hugo Boss Orange. I really like this one.

dyslexicdespot Mon 04-Nov-13 14:04:57

www.feelunique.com/p/Biotherm-Eau-Vitaminee-Eau-De-Toilette-100ml

The above has been a favourite of mine for years. Long lasting and fresh.

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Mon 04-Nov-13 13:59:31

D&G light blue. It's my favorite summer perfume - I'd say its citrus and sharp apple scented. Really fresh and lovely.

ShreddedHoops Mon 04-Nov-13 13:53:42

Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte is gorgeous and limey, really refreshing.

isshoes Mon 04-Nov-13 13:01:02

Caudalie Fleur de Vigne is lovely, and cheaper than many of those mentioned.

valiumredhead Mon 04-Nov-13 11:21:54

If you spray onto your hair brush then brush your hair it helps the scent last longer.

FrugalFashionista Mon 04-Nov-13 10:53:27

It's against the nature of citruses to be lasting on skin, the essential olis are highly volatile and normally gone in minutes. I find citrus colognes extremely refreshing during summer, I tend to reapply frequently for a burst of freshness. Anchoring the volatile oils down is not easy, and when successful, you may be stuck with a whiff of oven cleaner. The only citrus perfumes that smell great and have any longevity on my skin are Neroli Portofino by Tom Ford and Eau Sauvage by Dior. My personal favorite pick-me-up is the slightly sweet Bergamote by The Different Company - not hugely long-lasting but lovely nevertheless.

I wore Eau d'Hadrien this morning and it disappeared completely in less than an hour. (Iirc Eau du Sud is a bit more tenacious but not a full-day perfume either.)

RubyFlint Mon 04-Nov-13 02:01:39

Boss Orange is lovely (zingy, without being sweet.)

sparklysilversequins Mon 04-Nov-13 01:16:47

White Citrus from Bath and Body Works. There's no B&BW here in the UK but if you google it there's a couple of sites you can get it from. I use the body oil mist as well and it lasts ok. I can always smell traces at the end of the day.

goodasitgets Mon 04-Nov-13 01:11:28

Am on phone so not sure if link will work. Monotheme book of citrus range is at m&s. I have the lemon one which reminds me of g&t, so so tangy and sharp. Bargain too! There's a few different ones, I think a bergamot one and a basil one
m.marksandspencer.com/mt/www.marksandspencer.com/Monotheme-Citruses-Boccioli-Limone-Toilette/dp/B002PSPKU0?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_8&nodeId=1727027031&sr=1-8&qid=1383527330&pf_rd_r=1NYZG35HNR3W0MMYCCHE&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=1727027031&pf_rd_p=321381387&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

hollyisalovelyname Sun 03-Nov-13 23:13:41

Mary Greenwell does Plum

PepeLePew Sun 03-Nov-13 23:00:39

There are some great suggestions here, thank you. I didn't realise unscented moisturiser would make a difference - does that really work? Because if so, that would be great.

I used to wear Eau d'Issey years ago, and loved it. But it's quite fresh, and not quite lime/tangy enough, I think. But really elegant. I think I tried Miller Miller on once, and wasn't impressed - but I can't remember why.

Jo Malone Lime, Basil and Mandarin is one of my favourites - but again I found it didn't last that long. Perhaps the answer is to get the fragrance and the body cream, and layer them that way.

I don't know the Lancome ones but will try them out and will try and hunt down Annick Goutal as well. Also L'Occitane as it looks as if that comes with body lotion. I feel a shopping trip coming on.

JennySense Sun 03-Nov-13 22:41:54

That one called Lemon ? Can't remember the brand - there's also one called Plum I think?

FreeWee Sun 03-Nov-13 21:14:37

Old school but Issey Miyake l'eau d'issey

HolidayArmadillo Sun 03-Nov-13 21:10:57

O de l'orangerie by Lancôme. Beautiful light fresh orangey citrusy scent.

Mumsex Sun 03-Nov-13 21:06:29

Versace "versense" in the green and silver box.
Also Armarni White, used to be £20-30 years ago but it's harder to get hold of now. I saw some on eBay for £100. I so want some, as it was my wedding perfume.

MangoJuiceAddict Sun 03-Nov-13 21:01:13

Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche!It is beautiful

WynkenBlynkenandNod Sun 03-Nov-13 20:34:29

This making me nervous ! I was given £30 and wanted to replace my Jo Malone LBM but didn't want to go over budget for just 30mls of the stuff.

Have ordered Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basile and really hope I'm going to like it. I wish I'd looked at the L'Occitane one now.

notyummy Sun 03-Nov-13 20:33:21

I love the L'occitane one too. Really wakes me up in the morning! Doesn't last that well, but £60 would be enough to buy a few of the products and layer so they last longer.

chimchar Sun 03-Nov-13 20:30:22

L'occitane lemon verbena here too.

I get complimented on it all the time.

Really clean and fresh, but light.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 03-Nov-13 20:24:55

I second Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien.
Or try L'Occitane Verbena.

bertandmarble Sun 03-Nov-13 20:21:49

Annick Goutal Eau D'Hadrien

QueenBoudicea Sun 03-Nov-13 18:27:20

Or you could try Miller Harris citron citron.

ShirleySharpeyes Sun 03-Nov-13 18:24:36

this Lyn Harris for M&S is very similar to Acqua di Parma.... I'd buy two bottles and squirt it liberally!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now