uniqlo heatech - sizing help please

(13 Posts)
foxysocks Sun 03-Nov-13 08:57:23

I NEED thermals. ideally I want 2/3 long sleeved tops and probably some tights or leggings so I can wear my dresses and skirts throughout winter.

the uniqlo heatech range looks great and they have a good range of colours but I can't get to a store and they don't seem to do free returns so I don't want to order a few different sizes to try, as I would usually.

I'm 5'9, size 8, normal length body but long legs. I find tights tricky due to height so usually get m/l rather than s as otherwise they are too short. would a M in the uniqlo leggings/tights be a good shot?

I HATE tops that are too short so was again thinking of ordering the M? but there do not to be any measurements available on their site, so really I am just plucking a size out of thin air which is annoying!

can anyone advise? thanks thanks

MsRinky Sun 03-Nov-13 09:03:21

There are very detailed measurements for all heattech garments including inseam and length measurements - click on the size guide next to the bit where you select the sizes.

foxysocks Sun 03-Nov-13 11:15:39

oh thank you! I hadn't seen that. off to measure up...

ihatethecold Sun 03-Nov-13 11:25:30

Don't get their leggings. Awful fit.
I'm a size 12 and bought medium.
They are baggy and weird looking.
I can only wear them under trousers.
I wouldn't want anyone to see them.
The Long sleeve tops are great though.
Don't ride up. Keep me warm
I would also recommend the heatech socks.

Lighthousekeeping Sun 03-Nov-13 11:28:20

Their stuff comes up big. It's also a waste of money.

foxysocks Sun 03-Nov-13 11:29:13

thanks for the detailed info ihatethecold

what would you suggest instead lighthouse?

Lighthousekeeping Sun 03-Nov-13 11:35:13

I've no idea there's been a couple of threads on here about it recently. I'm also Looking for thermals that aren't bulky. I have heat tech and it was useless the other morning when it was pretty cold going to work. I don't think it will be much cop in proper winter.

Ohwhatwitcheryisthis Sun 03-Nov-13 20:02:15

I love them. Just got two orla kiely ones for presents but I'm keeping them. primark do similar or did. They have mitten sleeves.

Fridayschild Sun 03-Nov-13 20:05:32

I like them a lot. I only wear thermal vests though, so I can't help onl the tights. I am a small size ten, and buy an extra small or small vest. They are really soft and cosy.

notapizzaeater Sun 03-Nov-13 20:08:11

Matalan have thermal leggings in at ok, £8 a pair by heat holder, according to pack 2.5 tog, I love them and they really do keep you warm.

MrsOsbourne Sun 03-Nov-13 20:18:52

Heattech are ok for chilly conditions.
I got some German wool/silk vests and leggings on amazon for really cold conditions -pricey but worth it.

Loopyloulu Sun 03-Nov-13 21:05:47

I live in Heattech and think they are great. They are better than pure sil thermals I once had. I am a 10 up top and buy either their XS or Small. I sometimes layer them- sleeveless vest under long sleeved. They wash and dry very quickly.

Snowlike Sun 03-Nov-13 21:22:33

I have the tops leggings and polos. They are great for layering. The leggings I usually wear under my running tights....certainly wouldn't wear them as normal legging though - they most definitely are an undergarment. Got some for my mum too and she loved them too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now