Your favourite bra brand

(48 Posts)
ProtectiveMother Sat 02-Nov-13 22:19:02

I have just bought one quite cheap bra from Debenhams (£4 in sale) and one very expensive Calvin Klein bra from House of Fraser (£29 in sale) They are both kind of the same style and size- of the shaped formed cup variety. Now the cheaper one is really comfy after just a couple of wears and the Calvin Klein one not so comfy.

What are your favourite brands?

HazleNutt Mon 04-Nov-13 14:26:52

Fauve, Freya, Fantasie. I like PrimaDonna quality, but it just doesn't work with my boobs.

SundaySimmons Mon 04-Nov-13 09:09:36

I wear underwear sets, I don't like mismatched underwear. The best fit on bra and knickers is Charnos. They last very well too.

ProphetOfDoom Sun 03-Nov-13 23:16:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AmazingDisgrace Sun 03-Nov-13 21:21:24

Rhea by Panache, Fauve

RobinVanPrissy Sun 03-Nov-13 20:42:11

I have a coupxle of Rigby & Peller bras I love but to be honest...my comfiest bras come from Primark <shoot me now> grin

ProtectiveMother Sun 03-Nov-13 20:17:16

Yeah I think Im going to have to go to a relatively cheap place and just try on loads of different brands. The CK one was ok in store. And it's fine when I put it on in the mornings but then I start to feel it in the evenings!

Molecule Sun 03-Nov-13 20:09:30

Another vote for Primadonna, very comfy, and well engineered. Worth the ££££s they cost.

damejudydench Sun 03-Nov-13 19:59:19

Panache Porcelain for me.

I love those bras...

AndyMurraysBalls Sun 03-Nov-13 19:56:26

Recently got some bras in Gorgeous at Debenhams for £6.80 each in the sale. One each in beige, white and black in a lightly padded t-shirt bra in 30E. Am usually a 28 but Gorgeous are quite small.

Bargain!

SorrelForbes Sun 03-Nov-13 19:52:01

I can't make the M&S bras work for me either, I think they're just a bit crap tbh!

If you've found a brand you like then it's worth sticking with it. I tend to wear Cleos and EMs most days.

Kernowgal Sun 03-Nov-13 19:48:24

Should add that prior to your threads I was wearing 36B and wondering why my boobs kept falling out of my bra. Well, duh!

Kernowgal Sun 03-Nov-13 19:47:23

Sorry Sorrel, I meant when I try on the 34DD in eg Panache etc, they are too big. I have measured recently (off the back of one of your threads!) and came out at 32-34D or DD. I don't have massive boobs at all, but they are wide-set and I really struggle to find things that look good.

I've tried all sorts of size combos at M&S and yeah, they just don't work for me. I scoop, too! I also have one smaller than the other so get quadraboob with one and a gap round the top with the other. The only bras that make my boobs look good are the Floozie ones. I actually feel quite sexy in them, but the range is very limited.

marriedinwhiteisback Sun 03-Nov-13 19:43:03

DD protective and I have a cleavage, ie, quite close together boobs and everthing else just seems to cut in if that makes sense.

SorrelForbes Sun 03-Nov-13 19:38:05

Kernowgal Have you tried Brastop, Figleaves and Amazon for cheap bras?

Also, have you been fitted recently? It's just that I wouldn't class 34DD as big. A DD cup means a 5" difference between your under bust and across bust measurement. M&S bras probably aren't fitting because the size is wrong they're shit bras too. Have you read this?

ProtectiveMother Sun 03-Nov-13 19:33:43

For those of you who like the Triumph Amourette, what size are you?

Kernowgal Sun 03-Nov-13 17:12:06

Sorry, that should have said "the ranges for bigger baps are too big". Mind on other things.

Kernowgal Sun 03-Nov-13 17:11:24

The only ones that seem to fit me properly are the Floozie ones from FrostFrench at Debenhams. M&S don't seem to fit me in any size. I'm a 34D-DD depending on where I buy, but usually the ranges for bigger baps are a bit gappy. I'm limited in what I can buy because I can't afford to spend more than £20 on a bra.

Dollydowser Sun 03-Nov-13 16:28:06

Bravissimo own brand. Despite trying every bra they have, only the Boudoir seems to fit well.

MrsMcGregor Sun 03-Nov-13 15:47:02

Marie-Jo - expensive but great quality and pretty too.

INeedSomeHelp Sun 03-Nov-13 15:27:50

Cleo by Panache
Bravissimo own brand
Just Peachy hy Figleaves (a new discovery which I love)

marriedinwhiteisback Sun 03-Nov-13 11:53:58

The only one that fits me properly and which is also supremely comfortable is Triumph Amourette. It's quite pretty and lacy and just seems to fit. I have tried on and tried on others for a change but they never fit as well or give such a good shape when on. Have been wearing it for about 14/15 years now and have been unable to find anything better. They cost about £28 now but are often on a 20% offer in John Lewis or Debenhams. I buy two every year and have about eight in total so they are quite durable too.

Allthingsprettyreturns Sun 03-Nov-13 11:51:33

Fantasie but I got a Triumph T Shirt bra from TK Maxx gor less than eight quid recently and love it. So comfortable and despite popping im different branches I can't find another.

ProphetOfDoom Sun 03-Nov-13 11:51:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Branleuse Sun 03-Nov-13 11:46:30

freya.

The only bra that i can get any style in it in my size and it will always fit well

Rubybrazilianwax Sun 03-Nov-13 11:20:23

Lejaby are super quality and last for years

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now