I am short and I need a black tie dress

(31 Posts)
BlameItOnTheBogey Sat 02-Nov-13 19:35:04

Can anyone help? I know what I don't want but don't really know what would work. I am short and don't usually wear long dresses - they don't suit me and I get lost in too much material. But I have an event coming up and I must wear a long dress. So what I know is that I want a dress that doesn't have masses of extra material - but at the same time I don't want anything too tight under my bum. I haven't really thought of a budget but - I guess up to 500 pounds but less than that also would be good.

Can anyone help? Or just give advice on how those of us who are short can carry off the formal look without being swamped...

BlameItOnTheBogey Tue 05-Nov-13 14:25:45

Another thought on this: I like dresses which have straps that go over the arms but not the shoulders if you see what I mean (sort of off the shoulder) as I find they balance me out. Also like corsetty type things but really want something classic rather than trashy which is harder to find with a corset.

tethersend Wed 06-Nov-13 14:26:41

Would something like this work?

tethersend Wed 06-Nov-13 14:29:26

Or this?

tethersend Wed 06-Nov-13 14:31:19
tethersend Wed 06-Nov-13 14:32:31
tethersend Wed 06-Nov-13 14:33:30

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now