Which coat? WARNING! Boring 'performance' coats may feature.

(111 Posts)

I've spent about three winters freezing my nips off trying to look cool wearing a leather jacket in the playground. I've now realised I just looked cold and possibly a bit of a wanker. Ergo I need a proper coat.

As a fully paid up member of the HoC cult, I need it to be either a nice berry colour, navy or grey. I will not countenance real fur on it so nice ones like Aigle/Canada Goose/Moncler are out.

So I have seen these two I quite like (as much as it is possible for me to like anything so functional). So which is better? Or are there other, better options?

Lands End (I know)

North Face

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 09-Nov-13 08:10:25

Which Barbour did you get? I want a non frumpy coat too.

I look beyond awful in my musto coat.

I need a coat intervention sad

I got the Arctic parka in navy. It's lovely!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 09-Nov-13 09:08:26

Thank you, it's lovely. I like the cream.....

IRL cream is kind of pale gold. Really lovely, but does nothing for my yellow skin tone sadly

BranchingOut Sat 09-Nov-13 09:23:51

Signing in here as I am also on this quest.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 09-Nov-13 09:25:51

The brown trims putting me off the cream.

And the price grin

Snowbility Sat 09-Nov-13 09:44:51

The Arctic Parka looks awful on the model though - like it's their child's coat....way too short, and the belt pulled tight in the middle is hideous. I wonder how tall she is?

I tried one on was bit dubious but very flattering but too hot for me doesn't stop me looking though grin

SilverSixpence Sat 09-Nov-13 09:53:23

I love my Selected Femme parka its cozy and flattering. I still do wonder if I need a down coat though for when its really freezing..

It's mid thigh on me (5'4) and I went up a size as it is a neat fit. That means the belt looked more cinched and less strained.

Snowbility Sat 09-Nov-13 10:56:01

Mid thigh sounds a better length - I'm hourglass and although we're meant to, I can never pull off the belted look...I have no idea why.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now