MNVogue Vol 25

(1000 Posts)
mignonnette Thu 31-Oct-13 21:03:15

Continuing on from Here.

A safe non combative place to discuss fashion, beauty and style. Newbies and Lurkers welcome.

Bring those links!

Right....here goes wish me luck....

Shall I try to start a new thread?

MarshaBrady Wed 13-Nov-13 21:19:23

It's a toughie. As I think it might be the shearling bikers. But they are a bit more practical.

It's also meant to be a coat, but I think I want a really warm jacket instead. Maybe shearling-lined too!

shopafrolic Wed 13-Nov-13 21:09:57

foxy none of my dream things exist other than my (one day they'll be mine) pistols.... A wider cashmere tartan scarf is top ATM, Florete like going out shoes in black, a chunky cream knit and a going out dress (but I have no idea what would suit me).

I have Grazia Shop have PMd you.

Novice just got back from stalking you/cleaning your hotel room! Flying home in a maids outfit was a bit weird. Disappointed with lack of loot......try harder next time please grin

Foxy really don't know what to say to cheer you up . Can totally see you wearing the Plumo tartan scarf. Top of my list is this have bored you all with this hope it doesn't disappoint on Saturday.

My tartan scarf could do with being wider too but tied my special way I did slightly drunken demo for qC at MU looks fine.

Bother
Bother
Bloody bother.
Had brainwave and fab, simple and cheap fun outfit for Ch in NEED (took on board your comments about needing to look stupid)....bought prop (last in shop) but I've lost it sad think I may have left it in the bloody shop. Noooooo

LinusDKD Wed 13-Nov-13 20:43:48

I have a couple of DvF dresses, a couple of Sportmax dresses and a Theory dress that I love and am sure will still look good in years to come.

santamarianovella Wed 13-Nov-13 20:35:48

marsha I agree,I still own a Chloe cream dress from 09, that I think i have worn more than a dozen time ,and I still feel good wearing it, will never throw it a way. It's my go to dress.

MarshaBrady Wed 13-Nov-13 20:24:27

I think having one dress that you know you will feel a million dollars in is a good way to go. One or two! Then it's there for all things.

Luckily I've had a few things with completely different people.

santamarianovella Wed 13-Nov-13 20:22:43

linus you are right,its such a gorgeous dress,I don't think it will date any time soon, I try to stay away of things that I can't use very often,but sometimes Its nice to buy pretty things!

MarshaBrady Wed 13-Nov-13 20:21:40

lol!

shopafrolic Wed 13-Nov-13 20:14:58
LinusDKD Wed 13-Nov-13 20:14:46

I showed the Zarita dress online to DH in navy and he loves it. Now all I need to do is drag him to a shop that sells it! wink

It is gorgeous but as a SAHM I won't get a lot of wear out of it but it is a classic so will still look good in 10 years time.

foxy poor you, it sounds like you had a horrible day! Some more wine from me!

santamarianovella Wed 13-Nov-13 20:11:20

novice,yes! Well done on getting your oven back,

marsha I think I will get black ones,I don't own black knee length boots.

In answer to your question Foxy I would love to get my mitts on this to go with my newest dress but we have ZERO spare cash for the foreseeable future for me to spend on a bag. Have been looking everywhere for something cheaper to go with the look I want but I can't find anything that doesn't look cheap and nasty next to the dress sad

RubyLovesShopping Wed 13-Nov-13 20:10:39

Not sure why I'm laughing about wearing it for the sr, it is sad testament to how mundane my life has become.

noviceoftheday Wed 13-Nov-13 20:10:15

Oh pps, I was actually thinking of Shop and Dry this morning as I checked out of my hotel grin it made me giggle to myself as I imagined them in maids uniforms popping into my room after me, but also made me careful. I have everything!

noviceoftheday Wed 13-Nov-13 20:07:22

Ps ruby, I have been errming and ahhhing over the Zaria dress all season! You should get it!grin

noviceoftheday Wed 13-Nov-13 20:05:41

Hello all! Am exhausted. Will have a proper read later but quick hugs for Mig and Foxy.thanks ps our oven has returned!

MarshaBrady Wed 13-Nov-13 20:04:52

Love those Santa! Yes the Lanvin are very comfy. Which colour would you get? <excited>

santamarianovella Wed 13-Nov-13 20:02:19

ruby I love the Zarita dress.

foxy hang in there,I'm sure it will look good once its completed,It always looks like shit before its done,

My choice would be knee high boots, I love the look of these but no way I could get them, I really like the ones marsha have,as the wedge look very comfortable,fingers crossed I could get them discounted! Come on matches! send me a code.

MarshaBrady Wed 13-Nov-13 19:58:26

Haha Ruby. You can wear it to the vogue party! It's a lovely dress and looks great on.

Love that scarf Foxy. Argh for you, today.

Yes to mid-way mu btw, more people who can make mus the merrier.

I'll think of my top of list now.

shopafrolic Wed 13-Nov-13 19:56:23

Missed the Grazia voucher! is it an online code? Does anyone have it?Begs.........Dry you get Grazia don't you? Pleads......

RubyLovesShopping Wed 13-Nov-13 19:53:44

But to get decent cpw from it I would have to wear it to toddlers, or on the school run gringringrin

foxysocks Wed 13-Nov-13 19:48:41

ooo I LOVE that ruby. great choice.

RubyLovesShopping Wed 13-Nov-13 19:44:14

Foxy- the dvf zarita dress in navy or grey.

This thread is not accepting new messages.