MNVogue Vol 25

(1000 Posts)
mignonnette Thu 31-Oct-13 21:03:15

Continuing on from Here.

A safe non combative place to discuss fashion, beauty and style. Newbies and Lurkers welcome.

Bring those links!

shopafrolic Fri 01-Nov-13 09:26:27

Linus AKA BirthdayBuddy how will you celebrate?

LinusDKD Fri 01-Nov-13 09:33:40

Just dinner with DH I'm afraid shop

I'm not a hardcore Birthday Celebratrix (I just invented that word) like you! grin

Living far from friends and family does come into it as well.

shopafrolic Fri 01-Nov-13 09:38:06

Oooo - I like that word too! smile

noviceoftheday Fri 01-Nov-13 09:45:34

I would like to modify my last post. I was too tired till I spotted Prada. Now I am tired!

Morning all. yesterday's feeling a bit delicate has turned into sniffles and a sore throat so I'm in pjs and dressing gown feeling sorry for myself with a cup of green tea

Annianni Fri 01-Nov-13 09:54:41

Thanks Shop.

I've just seen Spencer Matthews willy on Twitter urgh
I'm not impressed grin

MarshaBrady Fri 01-Nov-13 09:55:20

Anni! Are you following him on twitter? grin

Hi everyone, lovely to see vol 25 grin. Manic half term with DC's, and I was doing so well not shopping til one of you <narrows eyes>...you Marsha ? linked that coral cashmere sweater...it's on its way to me along with some lovely Stella undies that fell into my basket. It's official, I have no willpower.

Shop have a fabulous birthday weekend!

Queen happy birthday to you too. Have a wonderful day, you are going to look amazing in your dress!

Linus I'm with you on Les Mis. Haven't seen it but suspect it would be akin to water torture for me smile

Liberty where's that food diary? hmm smile

Oops, missed another happy birthday to Linus!

Annianni Fri 01-Nov-13 10:06:37

Nooo Marsha, was reading the papers...
so obviously I googled Spencer Matthews naked and there it was
grin

You know you want to wink

Annianni Fri 01-Nov-13 10:08:54

Shop, Linus and QueenC hope you all have a fabulous birthday weekend month for Shop
flowers wine cake

MarshaBrady Fri 01-Nov-13 10:18:45

Sleep great to see you. You'll have to link, I can't remember grin, but it sounds gorgeous.

Anni hahaha you made me laugh. I'm not sure I'm up for the full effect of the Spencer. grin

this one, intended for Shop I think?... Do you reckon the colour will suit me?

MarshaBrady Fri 01-Nov-13 10:24:14

Oh yes good one! I love that one, will look gorgeous with your new hair defo.

And now, going back to link that I had to order this too blush. Too much of a bargain and very me. Will have to choose between them!

Annianni Fri 01-Nov-13 10:28:10

That's lovely Sleep.

I really wouldn't look tbh Marsha.
It made me feel a bit sick! grin

Annianni Fri 01-Nov-13 10:29:46

Love that grey one Sleep.

MarshaBrady Fri 01-Nov-13 10:30:51

lol Anni grin

I love that Sleep, looks sooo soft and comfy.

QueenCadbury Fri 01-Nov-13 11:06:59

That grey jumper is tres lush sleep

RubyLovesShopping Fri 01-Nov-13 11:26:43

Lovely jumper sleep.
Novice can't wait to hear what you have been buying this week.
I love Fridays, no work, get the children despatched to their various locations, go for run then a shower and sit and see what the outnet have to offer and catch up on mn. Sadly short lived as by 1200 have to pick up the littlest but really enjoy this hour of sitting and filling up an outnet basket.
Very tempted by the I&I silk back jumper, anyone know what the sizing is like?

RubyLovesShopping Fri 01-Nov-13 11:27:41

Lovely jumper sleep.
Novice can't wait to hear what you have been buying this week.
I love Fridays, no work, get the children despatched to their various locations, go for run then a shower and sit and see what the outnet have to offer and catch up on mn. Sadly short lived as by 1200 have to pick up the littlest but really enjoy this hour of sitting and filling up an outnet basket.
Very tempted by the I&I silk back jumper, anyone know what the sizing is like?

RubyLovesShopping Fri 01-Nov-13 11:28:45

Sorry double post. Should also add the outnet basket gets filled and only the odd item ordered!

I do that with the Outnet a lot too Ruby. Didn't want to let that grey jumper slip away once I'd seen it though <bitter experience>! I wish once stuff was in your basket it was held for 30 mins as with other sites. Too many times (sales opening day anyone hmm) things go oos when you come to checkout.

libertychick Fri 01-Nov-13 14:05:56

Moan alert - just back from hospital apt, was having some tests done to see if I have a hereditary heart problem - on the plus side I don't have the problem I was screened for, on the minus side all the tests have revealed I do have different heart 'abnormality'. It's a 'keep an eye on it' thing, 'probably' won't cause any issues but it has completely pissed me off. I have a thumping headache now and feel terribly sorry for myself sad sad sad. Feel very fucking middle aged.

In the best MNV spirit I wandered the shops to try and cheer myself up. No clothes purchases but did buy the Urban Decay Naked Flushed palette to try and brighten myself up a bit.

Sleep my food diary for the last two weeks has been sugar, followed by coffee, followed by more sugar, followed by wine!!! I'll get onto a more detailed version grin

QueenC is tonight your big birthday bash? Will you post a pic before you go out? Would love to see you all glammed up!

mignonnette Fri 01-Nov-13 14:20:50

Liberty <<<<<<< hugs >>>>>>> . Perfectly reasonable to feel sorry for yourself I think. I hope you can take it easy the rest of today. flowers and [tea] on the sofa for you.

One Feel better soon.

Thanks for the info on Winter Wonderland Amber. I'll go for it then and do some off piste at Harvey Nics!

Novice Have a safe flight. Hope you get some rest on it too. If its Cathay Pacific you should. I love flying w/ them.

This thread is not accepting new messages.