Bicester Village

(25 Posts)
Brillenbar Thu 31-Oct-13 16:43:24

Having recently done a massive wardrobe cull, am looking to buy one or two things - a really good bag and a grey jacket. I rarely go shopping, life too busy, and for last 10 years have mainly shopped online. I don't think it works for me. So ... On Sunday I have the rare opportunity of actually going shopping and biscester village is convenient. Am I going to be disappointed? Has anyone been recently and do they have decent stuff not just old season that no one wanted in the sale? And which stores would you focus on? Budget probably £250 for bag, £200 for jacket. Thanks in advance

Allthingsprettyreturns Thu 31-Oct-13 17:24:36

Have not been in a while but there are some lovely shops. For bags check out Anya Hindmarch,Mulberry and Todds which were all there on my last visit.

TheRobberBride Thu 31-Oct-13 17:41:19

I live near Bicester and visit regularly. Lots of lovely bargains to be had. Go early though as parking can be a nightmare even during the week. I love to window shop in Mulburry and Prada and they usually have lovely stuff in. Nice Karen Millan and Ted Baker too if you're after high-end high street rather than designer.

PlatinumStart Thu 31-Oct-13 17:49:50

Definitely worth a trip - In terms of bags I have had bargains from the Celine, mulberry and smythson shop. They have genuinely nice stuff (rather than weird end of lines) oh and kate spade - good discounts.

I always manage to fine something in Ted baker - it's a bit jumble sale but definitely worth a rummage as my grandmother would say

AmberDextrous Thu 31-Oct-13 17:54:05

Love Bicester Village smile & go regularly always come back laden with bags.
Would def recommend

Brillenbar Thu 31-Oct-13 19:09:37

Thanks all was just worried it would be like one of those "designer sales" where the emphasis is on the sales! Fingers crossed for some true bargins

dexter73 Thu 31-Oct-13 19:34:52

I live near Bicester village but rarely go any more as I never find anything. I find it quite expensive as well.

Fugacity Thu 31-Oct-13 19:42:51

It's very high end, so you will still spend a lot, even for last year's collections and duds.

Brillenbar Thu 31-Oct-13 20:14:43

Any idea how much anya hindmarch bags are there?

ajandjjmum Thu 31-Oct-13 20:20:44

I was there earlier this week and it was really busy for a weekday. For once, I found quite a lot of stuff though - mainly Christmas pressies.

It's one of those places I sometimes go to and find nothing, then on other visits I can find loads.

justasecond Thu 31-Oct-13 21:03:04

The AH bags are roughly half price so a large Maxi zip around £450 and the smaller ones £275. At least that what the prices were like about 6 weeks ago when I last went.
There are quite a few bag shops there but for £200 it will be a struggle for a higher end designer name. I got a lovely bag from the Coccinelle shop for about £200. There is also a Micheal Kors outlet shop. I could have got a Micheal Kors bag for about the same price but I just thought they looked a bit too blingy and the leather was not as nice as the coccinelle.
You could also look in Tory Burch for something about £250-£300 mark (If you can be bothered to wait in the long queue to get in), Coach had some nice bags too.

NewChoos Thu 31-Oct-13 21:09:19

I went recently.
Mulberry - had Bays/Alexa's and Anthony's about £2-300 off normal price and in non blingy colours.
Anya - I find a bit hit and miss, they did have the sparkly clutches at half price (£175).
LKBennett - lots of bargains in there (not many bags)
White company - only small clothes section.
Hobbs had quite a good selection of work clothes.
Molton Brown had current lines in (full price in JL, about 1/3 to 1/2 off at Bicester). L'Occitane also had good things in.

NewChoos Thu 31-Oct-13 21:09:59

Gorgeous bags in Prada for around £5-600

timidviper Thu 31-Oct-13 21:15:00

I have had 2 lovely Mulberry bags from there, both good colours and very useable

At that budget Kate Spade is your best best. Lovely bags for that sort of figure. Jacket wise try LKB or Hobbs.

I went last month and bought ridiculous but awesome Gucci shoes.

I agree it can be hit and miss but I usually at least come back with some le crueset or molton Brown.
op do come back and tell us what you purchased. I'm hoping to make a trip over myself soon.

Brillenbar Fri 01-Nov-13 16:49:56

Will do thanks for all your suggestions. Will look up kate spade as have never heard of her

Scarletohello Fri 01-Nov-13 17:12:04

Er where exactly is Bicester village? Can I get there by public transport please..?

dexter73 Fri 01-Nov-13 17:33:22

Scarletohello - It is just outside Bicester.

oh yes do, I have a lovely Kate spade from bicester.

CointreauVersial Sat 02-Nov-13 00:09:32

It's too high-end for me now. No High Street shops left. I prefer Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth.

MrsFlorrick Sat 02-Nov-13 00:40:15

It's brilliant. Not high st but high end. Good bargains went recently and got boot cashmere coat and jumper from Belstaff. Bag from Mulberry and Jeans from 7
For all mankind. And dress from silk Max Mara.

The hobbs store used to better and Jigsaw store is gone. Other than that its really great.

Obviously there are no certainties. Sometimes you spend lots and other times there isn't much to take your fancy.

GatoradeMeBitch Sat 02-Nov-13 00:47:43

I live just outside Bicester. The traffic can be hideous on weekends, it is best to get there early, or drive into the centre of town and walk in (five minute walk).

When I lived in Bicester people used to ask for directions all the time - the Village is signposted, but it's tucked in behind a large Tesco supermarket so it's not visible from the road.

My nieces like to shop at Jack Wills, my aunt likes Smythson and I like to look through the past MAC collections in the CCO.

GatoradeMeBitch Sat 02-Nov-13 00:51:59

Scarletohello It's very easy to get to by bus from Oxford, the bus stops two minutes away.

Or even easier, if you get the train into Bicester North train station there are free Bicester Village shuttle buses that will take you back and forth every ten minutes.

Brillenbar Sun 03-Nov-13 13:21:44

So have been, and only bought soap in loccitane. Quite a lot of soap though. Jaeger currently not open. Must have been in 20 bag shops. Lot of the stock was bright garish colours. Almost found a bag in cochinelle and kate spade but just not quite right. Some good things in dvf too. Mil bought a coat in anya hindmarch. I think I'm waiting for the matches winter sale.

Really does get busy. We were there by 10 and it was fine, but by 1130 you had to queue to get into mulberry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now