Oh god, I am in love!

(38 Posts)
BellaVita Wed 30-Oct-13 17:51:18

with this beauty from All Saints.

I did a whiny txt to DH today to say I had seen a fab coat... He txted back to say "well done" grin. I whined a bit more and he said I could have it for Xmas.

Has anyone else seen it or got it? Is All Saints stuff worth it?

cessie322 Wed 30-Oct-13 17:52:57

I love it, it's fab!

alltoomuchrightnow Wed 30-Oct-13 17:54:44

I am a huge All Saints fan... though their quality is shocking... and i should know better..i tend to wait for the sales.. i have too much of their stuff as it's pretty unique..but in terms of quality its not worth the high prices..

PatoBanton Wed 30-Oct-13 17:56:52

not getting it, sorry blush...it is a shapeless black jacket thing?

BellaVita Wed 30-Oct-13 17:57:04

Do you really cessie? grin

The sales assistant said it was so popular last year, they have brought it back in for this year.

I sort of mumbled the price to DH when he came home from work. He was like hmm but still said I could have it.

Do you think it is a lot to pay for a coat?

headlesslambrini Italy Wed 30-Oct-13 17:58:56

stupid amount to pay for a coat IMO. You'll only want a new one next year.

BellaVita Wed 30-Oct-13 18:03:23

Headless, not true!

I have had my current "best coat" for at least six years.

TripTrapTripTrapOverTheBridge Wed 30-Oct-13 18:08:57

Ooh that's lovely!

sinpan Wed 30-Oct-13 18:11:42

Model is 5' 11" and wearing size 8, that is what got me.

Anyone that height who fits in size 8 should look gaunt to emaciated - since she looks normal I'll have to assume this is not a slimming look for the size 10+s

BellaVita Wed 30-Oct-13 18:20:13

I am 5ft and a size 10. It came to above my knees.

The coat is slimline and fitted. I thought it was a great fit and style. Didn't think it was NOT a slimming look.

PrimalLass Spain Wed 30-Oct-13 19:00:58

They do random 20% off days from time to time. Not seen one for a while though.

I love AS knitwear to look at, but it goes into holes within a few wears.

I'd worry that the furry bit would end looking worse the wear quite quickly - if it has been available for a year, perhaps there is someone who can show you how a used version looks.

BOF Wed 30-Oct-13 19:08:06

I'm not sure what to say really. Except perhaps that it would be a dull world if we all liked the same things grin.

sinpan Wed 30-Oct-13 19:12:26

did not realize you tried it on. That trumps the online experience. if you liked it and you can have it for Xmas, why not? no idea about quality but for that much money I can see why you'd want another opinion.

I scour ebay on an almost daily basis for All Saints stuff. I mostly love the knitwear, the button back jumpers are my fav.

Raddy Wed 30-Oct-13 19:34:49

I love it. I bet it looks lovely as you're tall and slim.

I don't think it is a lot to pay as I reckon I would wear it for 2 winters.

BellaVita Wed 30-Oct-13 19:37:44

Holes Primal shock. I bloody well hope not as I bought a jumper in the sale today.

I take it that it isn't your kinda thing then Boffy? grin

MrsCakes, I agree that would be a better option.

Hopasholic Wed 30-Oct-13 20:57:24

Tis gorgeous. Please do not link beautiful things smile

mysteryfairy Wed 30-Oct-13 21:27:48

I'm just short of 5ft 11 and have a size 8 coat from All Saints - the sizing is often massive even though it doesn't feel like a shop where it would be.

I think All Saints is my favourite high street store. I could typically happily take home at least half the stock BUT it is sooo expensive. I normally stock up after the second round of sale reductions at which point prices are around reasonable for the quality which to echo everyone else is sadly not great.

I would hang fire on the coat. I've had some luck even when stuff disappears off the website with customer services locating items for me. I keep a note of codes on items I want for this.

BellaVita Wed 30-Oct-13 21:31:49

Thanks mystery, I think I will watch and wait.

I have copied the code into my notes.

DameDoom Wed 30-Oct-13 21:36:54

Well I like it. All Saints do brilliant leather jackets too. Just bought a soft leather biker in grey - it isn't actually grey at all it's like a soft charcoal black which looks v flattering to a 40's face and is v Rick Owens.

thecatfromjapan Wed 30-Oct-13 21:43:58

I'm sure it's fine.

I haven't felt the same about All Saints since the "ghost of an old lady" dress thread on mumsnet. grin

BellaVita Wed 30-Oct-13 21:54:32

I caressed those lovely soft buttery jackets today Dame.

I didn't see that thread thecat good bloody job grin

madammecholet Wed 30-Oct-13 22:09:14

Why only up to a size 14 & who's a size 4???

CherryColl1ns Wed 30-Oct-13 23:04:17

I'm not sure about furry coats.

Puts me in mind of Liz McDonald

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now