Urea cream for milia-how long before seeing results?

(14 Posts)
LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Wed 30-Oct-13 08:11:09

I've got hundreds of milia - far too many to remove with a needle and I read on here that urea cream would help. I'm using Eucerin 10% lotion night and morning while I'm off work.Does anyone know whether this will really work and how long it might be before I see results please?

cocoleBOO Wed 30-Oct-13 08:24:47

I was put Sudacream on my face, I had a touch of excema, and it has made a big difference to my milia. I do find it a bit drying so only use it a couple of times a week. It's the only thing that had ever made a difference.

cocoleBOO Wed 30-Oct-13 08:27:15

Sorry that didn't really answer your question blush.

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Wed 30-Oct-13 08:45:12

<waves at Coco>
How's your belly today?smile

I might try Sudocrem if this doesn't work. It's good on the kids' spotty teenage faces but I hadn't thought about milia.
Thanks

cocoleBOO Wed 30-Oct-13 08:54:49

Fine thanks grin

My hrt helped my skin but only for a while, they are the bane of my life sad

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Wed 30-Oct-13 09:07:32

I'll let you know how I get on with the urea cream then smile fingers crossed.

cocoleBOO Wed 30-Oct-13 09:15:22

Thanks!

chocoluvva Wed 30-Oct-13 09:15:55

I have hundreds of milia too. Is your skin extremely combination? I've only ever been able to wear tinted moisture on my cheeks and chin for a short time over moisturiser and clarins beauty flash balm or an equivalent product before it goes all dry and flaky. I don't know if it's linked. Can't wear reusable contacts either as they get gunked up too quickly. I don't know if that's linked to the milia either.

Sorry to be no help. Good luck with the Eucerin.

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Wed 30-Oct-13 09:21:35

I think my milia are hereditary as me dad had them and DS1 has them too. sad

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Wed 30-Oct-13 09:22:07

my dad blush

cocoleBOO Wed 30-Oct-13 09:26:58

My mum has them so I think they are hereditary too.

chocolatemartini Wed 30-Oct-13 10:34:20

I've never had lots but haven't had any since eliminating mineral oil containing skin products.

chocoluvva Wed 30-Oct-13 11:10:41

Oh. Would a product free from mineral oils advertise this on the packaging? Do you mean petrol type ingredients?

chocolatemartini Wed 30-Oct-13 16:33:18

Yes anything with petroleum oils/ jelly... Actually it is quite hard to figure out which products do and don't have them but I decided to get rid of everything and start again with just Green People or Dr Hauschka products. Fortunately I don't use much on my face otherwise this would have been very expensive. At the moment I'm just using Dr Hauschka cleanser and rose moisturiser, with Dr Hauschka concealer and mascara. Anyway, as I said I didn't get loads before but this seems to have solved the problem smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now