Estee Lauder Double Wear - worth the hype?

(16 Posts)
SirRaymondClench Sun 27-Oct-13 19:26:06

I believe this foundation is really good for acne prone skin and am toying with going for a consult/trial to get my shade right.
But is it all it's cracked up to be?

I tried the doublewear light but even the fairest shade was too orange for me (I am quite pale). The standard doublewear is too heavy.

I much prefer No.7 Stay Perfect foundation.

SirRaymondClench Sun 27-Oct-13 19:36:28

Knees is that any good for ageing acne prone skin? (I sound hot don't I?) Also is it non comedogenic?

As a spotty 51 year old, I can hand-on-heart say it is the best foundation I have tried over the years, and I have tried A LOT.

My skin is clearer than it has ever been but I can't definitely say it is the foundation that has made it better - it could be just that I am post menopause - but it definitely doesn't make it greasy.

I know what suits one person doesn't suit somebody else but there are lots of good reviews on the Boots website. smile

HaPPy8 Sun 27-Oct-13 19:46:10

It actually made me very spotty! it gave good coverage when i first used it and lasted all day but my skin has never been so bad as when i used it. After i stopped my spots cleared up within a couple of weeks (i changed to bare minerals but i know not everyone gets on with that).

Pinupgirl Sun 27-Oct-13 19:47:10

I concur its the best foundation I have tried. I have quite oily skin and a lot of foundations would slide off by tea time. This lasts! I have all 3 variations-I use the light one for every day,the regular one for going out and the extreme cover version on my horrible varicose veins!

I do tend to mix it with a tiny bit of moisturiser though as I find it can emphasise pores other wise.

IslaValargeone Sun 27-Oct-13 19:47:35

I gave this a whirl after reading stuff on here, I didn't think I had particularly bad skin, but Oh God, it showed up every bloody flaw on my face, even flaws I was unaware that I had until DW highlighted them.

MissTriangle Sun 27-Oct-13 20:01:10

I have been using it for a while now, find it covers redness and small blemishes really well. But any raised areas or larger spots it looks awful on. I still use it though as mostly my skin isn't too bad as it has fantastic staying power and really does last all day

ElizabethBathory Sun 27-Oct-13 20:09:08

It gave me spots and I never get spots! I might not have been washing it off properly? It does have great staying power! And yes DW light has a poor range of shades, but the original DW has every colour under the sun. I might try it again one day as their lightest colour, Shell, is my perfect match.

LostMarbles99 Sun 27-Oct-13 20:10:49

I looked like I was a corpse dipped in flour when I tried it.

Hth!

scratchandsniff Sun 27-Oct-13 20:14:38

I suffer with my skin from time to time and have some scars from bad breakouts when I was younger. I've tried loads of foundations and estee lauder double wear is definitely the best I've used. A bottle lasts me ages. Get a decent sized sample and try it out.

whoselifeisitanyway Sun 27-Oct-13 20:18:55

It gives very good coverage, almost like a mask, so I only ever wear it on a night out or special occasion not everyday. I find I look better in photos if I have it on!

louwn Sun 27-Oct-13 20:21:40

I use it (oily skin but don't get loads of spots) and love it. Could imagine its not great on drier skin as it would look cakey.

I love it - naturally oily and spotty skin and it suits me well. I apply it with a Real Techniques expert face brush which means I can get quite a light coat so it's not mask like.

MuffCakes Sun 27-Oct-13 20:53:15

It is good but my best ever foundation is Number 7 beautiful matt its amazing.

southeastastra Sun 27-Oct-13 20:53:55

i like doublewear light but to be honest have got good results with a no7 tinted moisturiser

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now