Please help me find a coat!

(5 Posts)
VestaRose Sun 27-Oct-13 17:20:30

I need to buy a warm coat which is smart enough for work (office) but also wearable with jeans. Colour black.

I have two under 3's to drop off at the childminder in the morning so thinking a coat with a hood would be best to help preserve the hair in the rotten wet mornings.

I feel like I have been looking forever with no joy, but think this Monsoon coat is quite nice? I want to be stylish and not frumpy as returning from maternity leave.

http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.5/4934570151

Budget up to £175 but preferrably under £150 - thanks

Rattitude Mon 28-Oct-13 00:20:24

I got a nice black coat from Hobbs (mid-length). Now... it was £225 but by joining their database, I got 15% off and paid £195.

I appreciate it is still above the amount you want to spend but the coat is really smart and 80% wool so should be warm. I intend to keep it for a few years.

I can't find it online though so cannot provide a link.

I had also ordered some coats from Land's End. They were cheaper but they did look cheap.

Rattitude Mon 28-Oct-13 00:26:25

I had also considered this coat in black from Uniqlo. It is only £90 but only 60% wool.

I don't have any Uniqlo shops near me and after having been burnt online with Land's End (with coats I did not like), I did not want to repeat the experience.

VestaRose Mon 28-Oct-13 09:14:50

Thank you Rattitude, I love Hobbs coats but just a stretch too far for my budget unfortunately. I have ordered the Monsoon one and fingers crossed it is ok, it has good reviews so I'm hopeful smile

Rattitude Mon 28-Oct-13 10:31:14

I hope you like it. Otherwise, I saw a a couple of decent coats in M&S so if you are not convinced by the Monsoon coat, it might be worth checking them too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now