Loose Powder - what do you use?

(24 Posts)
Jemimapyjamas Sat 26-Oct-13 22:34:42

The Mac loose powder I use is almost run out (it's been six years, so I can't complain!) so I need to replace it. Don't mind spending a bit as it will last (am fussy about what I put on my face and am too busy with DS to want to touch up.)

What do you use...?

monkeysmama Sat 26-Oct-13 23:14:11

The Chanel Les Beige powder is amazing. I'll never use a different powder and I have no brand/product loyalty usually.

ArtDecoGirly Sat 26-Oct-13 23:22:05

I need to know this too! I always used YSL powder, I loved it any now they've discontinued it!!

monkeysmama Where do they do the Chanel powder you linked in the loose powder? I can only find pressed... blush

babysaurus Sun 27-Oct-13 09:59:59

Op back, under my usual name.
I have looked at the Chanel ones and they do, unfortunately, look brilliant. I don't bother with foundation generally so just use powder to even out skintone and take away shine. And will last forever (don't normally keep make up for ages, mascara for example, but reckon loose powder is ok.) Shite! It would have to be the top end one wouldn't it...
Will carry on looking for plan B just in case!

eurochick Sun 27-Oct-13 10:02:35

The Bobby Brown yellow one.

I have used https://www.barefacedbeauty.co.uk/product/mineral-finishing-powder/ but TBH don't need it after using https://www.barefacedbeauty.co.uk/product/mineral-foundation/ which is great as it saves money and another stage in the application. It's also cruelty free which is important to me.

BeaLola Sun 27-Oct-13 10:32:35

Chanel Les Beiges for me to

Megbeth Sun 27-Oct-13 10:40:06

Corn silk. You can get it in Boots think around 10 pound or less. I'm not in the UK but get it sent over. I am a makeup artist & find this is the best. It's a nude beige colour & has crushed walnut shells that absorb oil. They do original satin which I use & it's one shade. They also do a compact.

ShreddedHoops Sun 27-Oct-13 13:59:24

Get the Chanel one if it's the only makeup you buy and it will last you ages - a lovely treat! But go and try, it's a personal thing.

ArtDecoGirly Sun 27-Oct-13 17:28:28

Can somebody please put a link on for the Chanel Les Beige loose powder please!! I can only find pressed...

babysaurus Sun 27-Oct-13 17:33:44

I can only find pressed too!
May have to go to a counter and try some (madness to buy online.)
Yes, its a treat if I get it but I may still opt for a more purse friendly one (rather than the most expensive one I can find!)

I'd go for Chanel ....need to spend on powder IMO

Allthingsprettyreturns Sun 27-Oct-13 18:05:26

Corn silk

FauxFox Sun 27-Oct-13 18:07:09

I use Clinique loose powder - I bought the first pot for my wedding make-up and it lasted 10 years shock 3 years into pot number 2 now grin

NickECave Sun 27-Oct-13 18:13:44

corn silk is brilliant - costs about £8 and lasts me a year.

Elsiequadrille Sun 27-Oct-13 19:53:58

Laura Mercier loose setting powder in translucent.

Elsiequadrille Sun 27-Oct-13 19:55:12

Otherwise have used Clarins loose powder and the Bobbi Brown yellow (but mine was pressed powder not loose).

MissTriangle Sun 27-Oct-13 19:57:42

Chanel here too. Its lovely!

crossparsley Wed 30-Oct-13 17:53:55

Aveda Inner Light mineral powder. I'm really pale (recently ditched the No7 "colour matched" palest shade as still too beige) and this really seems to add no colour whatever. Not as expensive as some on this thread! Bought my first about 8 months ago, use it every day and it looks good for the full 12 months.

Littleredsquirrel Wed 30-Oct-13 18:00:08

I use clinique which I've always found to be fine. Haven't switched about a lot though.

WhatABeautifulPussy Wed 30-Oct-13 19:44:27

I use Laura Mercier, same as elsie

UsedToBeNDP Wed 30-Oct-13 19:51:59

I have a number of pressed powders I like but at the mo I use and like the basic Clinique one. It does a nice job on my skin and doesn't seem to oxidise on me, but it is more of a finishing powder, not a powder foundation in the true sense (it gives next to no coverage).

I've heard good things about the Laura Mercier loose mineral powder foundation, I use the pressed version out of convenience for travel purposes but I've heard that the loose gives a nicer finish and is nicely milled for buffing in. Coverage is supposedly quite nice too, enough to even out without looking powdery or cakey.

MillyONaire Wed 30-Oct-13 19:53:46

I previously had Mac and liked it but then I got Chanel (a luminous something or other one) and loved it but for some reason when I went to replace it I bought an Estee Lauder which I hate - It looks like powder whereas the Chael one just desheened my face without looking like powder...

BabyMakesFour Wed 30-Oct-13 19:55:18

Cornsilk - best I've ever used.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now