Washing underwear

(14 Posts)
ProtectiveMother Sat 26-Oct-13 22:03:23

Ok so Id like to know if you hand wash always, put in a net in the machine or what you all usually do with your underwear, especially when it's nice stuff. I think on the label of underwear I just bought it says 30• in a basin but there's also a machine symbol so I have both options?

Pippinlongsocks Sat 26-Oct-13 22:06:16

I would do the 30 degree delicates wash on the machine. Life is way too short to do hand washing!

coffeeinbed Sat 26-Oct-13 22:08:12

I used to do everything by hand.
And then I got lazy and put it on the delicate/wool setting, not spin.
And it's fine!

I put it in with my normal wash in a mesh bag

I buggered the washing machine when a wire escaped- I now hand wash!

Hand wash bras, normal, everyday cotton knickers go in the machine on a normal wash and fancier knickers go in the machine in a net bag on a delicate wash

Megbeth Sun 27-Oct-13 10:44:17

I put all in a mesh bag 30 or 40 fast wash with all other clothes. With the whites I put in Napisan occasionally to keep them white.

ProtectiveMother Sun 27-Oct-13 16:09:04

Oh! I didn't actually know I had a delicate or wool cycle on my machine! (It's kinda new and I mustn't have looked before!) That's great- thanks for the tips

DanielHellHoundMcSpaniel Sun 27-Oct-13 16:22:51

I shove it all in the main wash at 40 degrees. My washing machine is far too old for new-fangled tricks like delicates wash. Nothing wrecked yet.

BackforGood Sun 27-Oct-13 16:28:15

All underwear goes in the washing machine with all other clothes - generally on a hotter wash than some other clothes, considering it's been touching the most - erm - personal parts of your body.

lifesgreatquestions Sun 27-Oct-13 16:31:57

I used to wash things by hand, now they get a gentle 30 degree wash and I just replace things much more frequently.

ProtectiveMother Sun 27-Oct-13 17:35:56

My find is actually great as I have a couple of nice jumpers that I would like to stay nice so now good cotton knit jumpers & fancy new pants can all go in together (w pants in a net bag)

One of those Lakeland Limited padded lingerie zip bags for bras.

Net bags for pants, seperate bag for socks (otherwise it takes forever to find and match them)

(Haven't actually got any naice undies that would demand handwashing) sad

ProtectiveMother Sun 27-Oct-13 21:03:57

Lingerie zip bag! V interesting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now