Aveda Shampoo, Best Shampoo Ever.

(72 Posts)
jimjamspam Thu 24-Oct-13 12:45:38

I live in a very hard water area and find all shampoos much of a much-ness tbh. I've used cheap and expensive and never find the pricy ones much better than mid range.

But but but - I am using Aveda clove and it is absolutely gorgeous and is making my dark flyaway hair look and feel totally totally lovely.

Just had to share. Are their other shampoos as good?

ElizabethBathory Thu 24-Oct-13 14:05:11

I use their Black Malva shampoo - I think that's the same as your Clove one but for very dark/black hair. It's gorgeous - the almondy smell makes me happy whenever I wash my hair!

Their Shampure one is good too.

Ooh - is it specifically for dark hair OP? Because mine is flyaway but dark blonde. I feel the same as you about shampoos being meh. And ditto to the very hard water.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 24-Oct-13 14:12:56

I use either their Shampure, or the Mint and Rosemary.

Both fabulous - and actually the bottles last for ages so pretty good value. I buy it a litre at a time online and I'm sure it costs no more than buying John Frieda or similar rubbish.

GeekInThePink Thu 24-Oct-13 14:16:13

Where do you buy it please ali?

Ridersofthestorm Thu 24-Oct-13 14:16:59

Totally agree op, I love Aveda shampoo, even if it costs the earth a large bottle lasts me a whole year so value for money me thinks.

They have lovely other products too, the hand cream is lovely smile

Ridersofthestorm Thu 24-Oct-13 14:18:04

Pink they have a website, I've ordered direct from them before

MarshaBrady Thu 24-Oct-13 14:19:12

Yes I love the pure abundance one.

MolotovCocktail Thu 24-Oct-13 14:20:24

Do Aveda do any for curly/frizzy hair? I need something good!

PervCat Thu 24-Oct-13 14:21:38

i loved it for ages
then it stopped having the effect

ElizabethBathory Thu 24-Oct-13 14:22:21

holmes they do one for blonde hair called Blue Malva. Or you can use one of their non-colour specific ones (but the colour ones smell amazing and make your hair really shiny smile)

ElizabethBathory Thu 24-Oct-13 14:23:30

It's not v expensive if you get the massive bottle - I got mine for £20 in harvey nics and it's going to last a year at least.

Ridersofthestorm Thu 24-Oct-13 14:29:33

Hi Cocktail yes they do products for curly hair, no idea how good they are tho

www.aveda.co.uk/products/mpp/index.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT5291

PervCat Thu 24-Oct-13 14:30:46

the big bottles lasted me a couple of months
a year? you need ot use more

FaddyPeony Thu 24-Oct-13 14:32:48

Yes I've just started using the Black Malva shampoo/conditioner and my hair is so much softer and silkier. It's great. Not mad about the staining of the fingers though! And it costs me an absolute fortune (don't live in UK)

ElizabethBathory Thu 24-Oct-13 14:38:50

A couple of months PervCat?? A normal sized bottle of shampoo lasts me that! Tbh I haven't finished my bottle of Aveda so I don't know if it's going to last a year. I don't need to use more shampoo though...

Ridersofthestorm Thu 24-Oct-13 14:43:54

Bloody hell PervCat how much were you using?

I thought you were supposed to use a 10p size amount of shampoo?

God knows where I got that info from, probably QVC grin but that's the amount I use and a large bottle of the clove shampoo lasted me a year.

ElizabethBathory Thu 24-Oct-13 14:47:39

Depends how often you wash your hair too...

INeedSomeHelp Thu 24-Oct-13 14:52:16

I use the Clove one and love it. I have naturally mousy brown hair and it is now a rich, shiny brown. It is saving me a fortune on getting it coloured at the hairdresser.
My Mum and sister have both commented on it.

Ridersofthestorm Thu 24-Oct-13 14:59:46

Elizabeth

I wash my hair everyday, but I've got quite fine hair so I don't need loads of shampoo. Plus I only shampoo once then condition.

jimjamspam Thu 24-Oct-13 15:05:53

I got a big bottle from lookfantastic.com -about £20 for a litre I think
I ummed and ahhed but it is def worth it

The clove one is supposed to be for dark blonde through to brown hair - mine is very dark brown and it works great. Will have to try the black malva one next smile

smugmumofboys Thu 24-Oct-13 15:13:47

Molotov The Smooth Infusion one (I think that's its name) is fab on my coarse, greying-but-dyed frizzy hair. In fact, I'm on an economy drive and so am using something cheaper at the moment but it's just not as good.

Polpotsbabyteeth Thu 24-Oct-13 15:16:17

I buy a big bottle about every 9 months. Thick mid length hair and wash it every 2-3 days. Amazon has been the cheapest for me.

ArtDecoGirly Thu 24-Oct-13 15:19:11

My big bottle of Black Malva only lasted me a few months too. Although I have really long hair, and wash my hair every day... I got mine from John Lewis

ElizabethBathory Thu 24-Oct-13 15:21:44

I wash mine every other day - it's short (jaw length) and I only shampoo once, with a 10p sized blob. Maybe this means my bottle will last 2 years Riders grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now