Can anyone recommend anywhere that sells cheaper big bras?!

(17 Posts)
Thants Wed 23-Oct-13 17:26:15

I can't afford to spend loads on bras but am a 42G. Anyone know of anywhere that sells them a bit cheaper?

Ujjayi Wed 23-Oct-13 17:30:45

Have you tried TK Maxx? They always seem to have a vast range of bras from the more expensive brands for bargain prices. I recently bought Calvin Klein bras for a fiver - reduced from £35.

comewinewithmoi Wed 23-Oct-13 17:32:04

eBay?

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Wed 23-Oct-13 17:32:57

Have you looked at Marisota on the web? Some packs of two for under £25.

VikingLady Wed 23-Oct-13 17:35:27

Debenhams clearance sale atm has bras in your size from a fiver to about a tenner, good quality too.

Amazon. Seriously.

IsThatTrue Wed 23-Oct-13 17:37:50

Brastop.com are great for big sizes.

Have you had a proper fitting? Like in Bravissimo or just with a tape measure, not what passes for a fitting in the likes of M&S.
The "add 4 inches" method is outdated and leads to ill fitting bras. I'm sure one of the seasoned bra experts will be along soon.
What is the measurement around your ribcage, pulled fairly tight?

CecyHall France Wed 23-Oct-13 17:41:33

I'm pretty sure Asda go up to that size, I'm currently wearing a really nice 42dd and it was 2 for £9, they last and wash much nicer than M&S certain others I've had and have some lovely designs.

Thants Wed 23-Oct-13 17:47:49

I was last measured in denanhams are they any good. I don't have a tape measure!

Debenhams are a bit hit and miss. Can you measure your ribcage with string then measure the string against a ruler?
You may well find you're a smaller back size than you think, which will mean you can get more types of bra cheaply.

IsThatTrue Wed 23-Oct-13 18:01:49

I just measured my mum as inmysparetime is recommending and she went from 42 E to a 36 H. And says she's wearing the best fitting bra she's ever owned.

Asda bras are small fitting I always used to get overspill in the cups. I found that if I knew a particular style from say m&s fitted then I would look on ebay and often get them brand new for £6 or 7.

Also simply yours do a good two pack for around £20.

mysteryfairy Wed 23-Oct-13 20:01:22

How cheap do you mean? I'm an unusual size - 28GG - after intervention on here. I buy everything from bra stop and I think I've paid £12-15 on average which is pretty low but obviously not primark priced.

notapizzaeater Wed 23-Oct-13 20:01:57

Amazon and eBay for me ....

Mysteryfairy I'm an even more unusual size, 26G. I can't afford Ewa Michelak so I am always on the lookout for 28s that come up small. If you find a brand that's really tight but not too expensive could you please PM me?

CelticPromise Thu 24-Oct-13 08:10:00

A second vote for Brastop, Amazon and also My Curves and Me for discount Panache.

I also recommend measuring again smile you too cecy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now