So who recommended I try Aveene cream?

(35 Posts)
valiumredhead Wed 23-Oct-13 12:55:54

I can't remember but THANK YOUthanks grin

It's lovely stuff, I've only used it once so far dabbed a bit on in the car after shopping but it didn't sting and that is a minor miracle as my skin is so sensitive!

Sooo,I got the moisturiser, cleanser and a can of spray mist as it was 3 for 2 in Boots BUT WHAT DO I DO WITH IT?confused I have no idea, is it fancy water toner? When do I put it on, after cleansing?

confused confused confused

Thanks in advancesmile

valiumredhead Fri 01-Nov-13 17:06:26

Ah interesting, thought I'd have a full week of shit skin like I usually do after a flare up but used coconut as a cleanser last night to remove make up and used a warm muslin cloth, then slathered my face in it over night. This morning you'd barely know I had a reaction yesterday! Marvellous stuff.

valiumredhead Thu 31-Oct-13 21:37:11

I have done oil cleaning and it was awfulsad I've dug out some coconut oil which is helping.

SELondonSwede Thu 31-Oct-13 21:15:07

Oh no i am so sorry to hearsad i feel your pain my skin is a nightmare too.
Have you tried cleansi g with olive oil?

Arhsub1212 Thu 31-Oct-13 18:51:07

Yes! Aveene cream is really awesome, and I have no answer for your question because I'm also confused bout it.

valiumredhead Thu 31-Oct-13 17:56:24

Yes that's the one, the cleanser you don't rinse off. My skin is so stingy. I hates my bloody reactive skin, it's so tiresome!

Medal Thu 31-Oct-13 16:19:59

Did you get the cleanser that you don't need water for, Valium? The non-rinse-off one? Sorry to hear you have had a reaction to something. Just keep using loads of moisturiser to comfort your skin, that's what I used to do.

valiumredhead Thu 31-Oct-13 14:49:27

Update-

I have the worst skin ever, red, flaky and irritated. Bugger,I had such high hopes for avene <sigh>

Not sure if it was the cream or cleanser which set me off, so will wait until things have calmed down and try the cream again to see. I have a feeling it was the cleanser rather than the cream which irritated me.

Sooo,I bought some Eucerin this morning and am keeping my fingers crossedgrin

valiumredhead Fri 25-Oct-13 08:49:14

Quite possibly.

Abra1d Fri 25-Oct-13 08:46:14

Lack of environmental pollutants, valium?

My skin was great during my two pregnancies. I think it was the natural steroids reducing inflammation.

valiumredhead Fri 25-Oct-13 08:43:37

Weird isn't it? The best skin I ever had was when I was house bound for 3 monthsconfused

Abra1d Fri 25-Oct-13 08:40:42

It fascinates me how very variable women's skins are in terms of what they will tolerate.

valiumredhead Fri 25-Oct-13 08:38:26

Interesting snake. I'm on day 2 and still good.

I've tried oil and it was terrible for my skin unfortunately.

valiumredhead Fri 25-Oct-13 08:36:59

Avene, it was a typo in the thread title.

Abra1d Fri 25-Oct-13 08:26:42

Are we talking about Avene? Or what is Aveene?

Avene is great but I find products eventually bring me problems in the form of hives. I have used them for years, but now use olive oil for cleansing.

SnakePlisskensMum Fri 25-Oct-13 08:22:08

Yes, SKN are a chain of dematologists/cosmetic clinics (non-surgical). They have their own brand of products but also stock Avene and recommend it for all sorts of conditions.

valiumredhead Fri 25-Oct-13 07:36:04

Ah yes,I know aveeno products,I use the body cream.

emye Fri 25-Oct-13 00:37:02

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

valiumredhead Thu 24-Oct-13 12:24:28

I have to say my skin feels fab today, by now it would be feeling slightly tight and Id feel like applying some more cream to soothe it.

What's SKN clinics - dermatologist?

SnakePlisskensMum Thu 24-Oct-13 10:37:23

It's the only 'off the shelf' that SKN clinics recommend, it's so good. Got rid of my dermatitis smile

valiumredhead Thu 24-Oct-13 09:34:35

Woke up this morning and skin wasn't flaky or dry which is interesting as when I applied it last night I wasn't sure the cream would be rich enough. I love the mist-will be buying that again for sure!

The real test will be if it's still ok in a couple of weeks, usually I try something but stay reacting after a week or so.

But so far so goodsmile

Snowlike Thu 24-Oct-13 06:57:52

Love the stuff - have been using it for at least 10years, I have tubes of it in every room in the house...I decant it to take on planes, I have tubes in the car....I think I might be addicted to it! I also use Naked shampoo and conditioner, which limits flare ups on my face too.

LittleTulip Wed 23-Oct-13 23:03:28

Avene Cleanance range is also great also smile

valiumredhead Wed 23-Oct-13 21:15:56

I'll give both a go and report back tomorrowgrin

SELondonSwede Wed 23-Oct-13 20:15:00

Nope not if tou use the softest face tissues. Or cotton wooll pads. ;)

valiumredhead Wed 23-Oct-13 18:07:33

Why not went

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now