So who recommended I try Aveene cream?

(35 Posts)
valiumredhead Wed 23-Oct-13 12:55:54

I can't remember but THANK YOUthanks grin

It's lovely stuff, I've only used it once so far dabbed a bit on in the car after shopping but it didn't sting and that is a minor miracle as my skin is so sensitive!

Sooo,I got the moisturiser, cleanser and a can of spray mist as it was 3 for 2 in Boots BUT WHAT DO I DO WITH IT?confused I have no idea, is it fancy water toner? When do I put it on, after cleansing?

confused confused confused

Thanks in advancesmile

valiumredhead Fri 25-Oct-13 08:43:37

Weird isn't it? The best skin I ever had was when I was house bound for 3 monthsconfused

Abra1d Fri 25-Oct-13 08:46:14

Lack of environmental pollutants, valium?

My skin was great during my two pregnancies. I think it was the natural steroids reducing inflammation.

valiumredhead Fri 25-Oct-13 08:49:14

Quite possibly.

valiumredhead Thu 31-Oct-13 14:49:27

Update-

I have the worst skin ever, red, flaky and irritated. Bugger,I had such high hopes for avene <sigh>

Not sure if it was the cream or cleanser which set me off, so will wait until things have calmed down and try the cream again to see. I have a feeling it was the cleanser rather than the cream which irritated me.

Sooo,I bought some Eucerin this morning and am keeping my fingers crossedgrin

Medal Thu 31-Oct-13 16:19:59

Did you get the cleanser that you don't need water for, Valium? The non-rinse-off one? Sorry to hear you have had a reaction to something. Just keep using loads of moisturiser to comfort your skin, that's what I used to do.

valiumredhead Thu 31-Oct-13 17:56:24

Yes that's the one, the cleanser you don't rinse off. My skin is so stingy. I hates my bloody reactive skin, it's so tiresome!

Arhsub1212 Thu 31-Oct-13 18:51:07

Yes! Aveene cream is really awesome, and I have no answer for your question because I'm also confused bout it.

SELondonSwede Thu 31-Oct-13 21:15:07

Oh no i am so sorry to hearsad i feel your pain my skin is a nightmare too.
Have you tried cleansi g with olive oil?

valiumredhead Thu 31-Oct-13 21:37:11

I have done oil cleaning and it was awfulsad I've dug out some coconut oil which is helping.

valiumredhead Fri 01-Nov-13 17:06:26

Ah interesting, thought I'd have a full week of shit skin like I usually do after a flare up but used coconut as a cleanser last night to remove make up and used a warm muslin cloth, then slathered my face in it over night. This morning you'd barely know I had a reaction yesterday! Marvellous stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now