Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

So who recommended I try Aveene cream?

(35 Posts)
valiumredhead Wed 23-Oct-13 12:55:54

I can't remember but THANK YOUthanks grin

It's lovely stuff, I've only used it once so far dabbed a bit on in the car after shopping but it didn't sting and that is a minor miracle as my skin is so sensitive!

Sooo,I got the moisturiser, cleanser and a can of spray mist as it was 3 for 2 in Boots BUT WHAT DO I DO WITH IT?confused I have no idea, is it fancy water toner? When do I put it on, after cleansing?

confused confused confused

Thanks in advancesmile

Medal Wed 23-Oct-13 12:59:19

I have used it and it is great stuff. The water spray is useful if you are having a flare up or just to provide a bit of moisture after you've cleansed and before you put the moisturiser on. Use it however you like. It is meant to have skin calming minerals in. The cleansers are really good as well.

MerryMarigold Wed 23-Oct-13 13:03:17

My ds has this for eczema and it's been marvellous (just the moisturiser obv.). I have no idea about the water (why didn't you get 2 moisturisers? confused?)

valiumredhead Wed 23-Oct-13 13:05:37

I have such sensitive skin that I didn't want to end up with 2 tubes of something I couldn't use,I figured that a water spray would be pretty harmlessgrin

Ok thanks, so after cleansing and before moisturising then?

Medal Wed 23-Oct-13 13:08:53

Yep, that should work, or use it to replace tap water, when you wash your face. I went through a stupidly sensitive skin phase a few years ago and even tap water irritated my face.

SELondonSwede Wed 23-Oct-13 15:37:45

It might have been mesmile!

It sure is lovely stuff. The spray water can be used as a toner but I also tend to use it as a calming treatment when my face is very stingy, hot or irritated. Calms it instantly. I also spray some on to refreshen my make up (dont hold to close to face as your make up will run). It sets the make up beautifully.
I also used the cleanser without water (tissue off) and then sprayed the water on afterwards before the cream.

valiumredhead Wed 23-Oct-13 17:50:06

Thank you SEsmile thanks

Tissue off? Wipe off with tissue, isn't that a bit scratchy?

emye Wed 23-Oct-13 18:01:41

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

valiumredhead Wed 23-Oct-13 18:05:09

Ooh there's s facial wash too, nice !

£6.50 for a can of water? Good job it was freegrin

valiumredhead Wed 23-Oct-13 18:07:17

Bizarre link, went are you posting about attracting supportive men and keeping them?confused grin

valiumredhead Wed 23-Oct-13 18:07:33

Why not went

SELondonSwede Wed 23-Oct-13 20:15:00

Nope not if tou use the softest face tissues. Or cotton wooll pads. ;)

valiumredhead Wed 23-Oct-13 21:15:56

I'll give both a go and report back tomorrowgrin

LittleTulip Wed 23-Oct-13 23:03:28

Avene Cleanance range is also great also smile

Snowlike Thu 24-Oct-13 06:57:52

Love the stuff - have been using it for at least 10years, I have tubes of it in every room in the house...I decant it to take on planes, I have tubes in the car....I think I might be addicted to it! I also use Naked shampoo and conditioner, which limits flare ups on my face too.

valiumredhead Thu 24-Oct-13 09:34:35

Woke up this morning and skin wasn't flaky or dry which is interesting as when I applied it last night I wasn't sure the cream would be rich enough. I love the mist-will be buying that again for sure!

The real test will be if it's still ok in a couple of weeks, usually I try something but stay reacting after a week or so.

But so far so goodsmile

SnakePlisskensMum Thu 24-Oct-13 10:37:23

It's the only 'off the shelf' that SKN clinics recommend, it's so good. Got rid of my dermatitis smile

valiumredhead Thu 24-Oct-13 12:24:28

I have to say my skin feels fab today, by now it would be feeling slightly tight and Id feel like applying some more cream to soothe it.

What's SKN clinics - dermatologist?

emye Fri 25-Oct-13 00:37:02

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

valiumredhead Fri 25-Oct-13 07:36:04

Ah yes,I know aveeno products,I use the body cream.

SnakePlisskensMum Fri 25-Oct-13 08:22:08

Yes, SKN are a chain of dematologists/cosmetic clinics (non-surgical). They have their own brand of products but also stock Avene and recommend it for all sorts of conditions.

Abra1d Fri 25-Oct-13 08:26:42

Are we talking about Avene? Or what is Aveene?

Avene is great but I find products eventually bring me problems in the form of hives. I have used them for years, but now use olive oil for cleansing.

valiumredhead Fri 25-Oct-13 08:36:59

Avene, it was a typo in the thread title.

valiumredhead Fri 25-Oct-13 08:38:26

Interesting snake. I'm on day 2 and still good.

I've tried oil and it was terrible for my skin unfortunately.

Abra1d Fri 25-Oct-13 08:40:42

It fascinates me how very variable women's skins are in terms of what they will tolerate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now