M & S shoes are shit

(32 Posts)
babybarrister Tue 22-Oct-13 21:22:57

bought two pairs on Sunday - one pair wincingly uncomfortable, the other the heel has already broke after 3 hours wear!!!

I have annoyingly narrow feet (and sometimes a 5 in boots is ok. Usually a 5.5 in shoes. 6 is too wide/too big. Which is why I need the half sizes)

I have M&S boots that I wear every winter (long zipped riding boot style ) that I bought in 2005.
I still wear (though the zip over my ankle annoys me a tad. I have very bony ankles)

Work shoes have lasted 3 years.

Chunky cowboy boots 3-4 years.

OK I don't wear them all every day but I'm pleased with the quality and fit.

babybarrister Wed 23-Oct-13 22:00:42

I have bought them for years for work for all the reasons everyone else said - I did try them on in the shop but they seemed ok! The ones that fell to pieces broke after 3 hours - M &S did not give an immediate refund but have sent them back ....the quality is simply very poor I am afraid even taking into account their price .....

I accept total firs world problem though grin

babybarrister Sat 02-Nov-13 21:40:49

OK I would just like to say that the customer service was mixed - no immediate refund but shoes had to be sent away hmm

However, I got full refund within a week by post with about £10 extra for inconvenience smile

1944girl Sat 02-Nov-13 22:00:11

I always bought my shoes from M&S but now I find either my feet have shrunk or the sizing has changed.I am a size 3 or so I thought, and have been for years.M&S size 3s are now way too big, they are like boats on my feet.
Last year my DIL was about to chuck out a pair of size 2 children's school type shoes that my DGD had worn about three times and grown out of them.I tried them on and lo and behold they fitted!.So granny is still wearing them, not dress up shoe of course but OK for going shopping.I also found, in M&S children's dept a lovely canvas flat shoe with a bar in black and a size 2.No good in bad weather but in warm weather they are the most comfortable pair of shoes ever.I have bought three pairs as they are only £6 and hope to have them for many years as they might stop stocking them.

PrimalLass Sat 02-Nov-13 22:46:48

The M&S leather ballets flats with a suede toe are great. They don't always have them in stock though, which is a pain.

kaumana Sat 02-Nov-13 22:57:13

This week I bought a pair of black patent T bars which are fab, dead comfy and were just under £20. I'm thinking of getting them in another colour as they are now £15!

I too have the stiletto platforms also under £20 which I bought a year ago and have been put through their paces on the dance floor and stil look great.

I love the half sizes

LordPalmerston Sun 03-Nov-13 03:23:06

Mrs cb. I love those snakeskin sandals !! The really high ones? Though you had the tan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now