can the stylish and trendy please advise me on this please ?

(17 Posts)
thriftychic Sun 20-Oct-13 12:44:45

i have never shopped at clarks as always felt way too mumsy on me but i am really struggling to find a suitable pair of ankle boots .
is there any way these boots could look ok with my skinnies or am i getting so desperate im becoming deluded ?
i do not want to look frumpy or mumsy !

QueenCadbury Sun 20-Oct-13 12:50:23

Do you have a link?

You know what this board is like though. One persons frumpy/mumsy will be another persons idea of heaven.

Fwiw I have a pair of clarks boots which I feel neither frumpy or mumsy in but I'm sure there are some people who think I do. If you feel happy in them get them.

NigellasGuest Sun 20-Oct-13 12:58:35

FWIW I think Clarks have become far less mumsy - yes they still sell mumsy stuff but they also sell some really good stuff. So unless you post a link no one will be able to say whether in their opinion the boots you refer to are frumpy or not.

thriftychic Sun 20-Oct-13 13:07:34
thriftychic Sun 20-Oct-13 13:10:53

i actually ordered these last week www.clarks.co.uk/p/20355400 but although they are fairly nice , i have a dodgy foot which aches like mad so i still need some lowish ones . i look crap in flat boots as i am 5ft 1

I have those boots and I wear them with my skinnies.

Whether they look stylish and trendy or frumpy and mumsy I don't know. I'm, hoping for the former.

They are however really comfy.

NigellasGuest Sun 20-Oct-13 13:49:30

not to my personal taste but others may disagree.

UsedToBeNDP Sun 20-Oct-13 13:51:30

I agree that they aren't to my taste either but that's not to say that they don't suit you. Whether they look good would depend on what you wore them with, as much as anything. It could go either way.

I like the ones you ordered already - they look lovely - but am not at all keen on the other ones.

ihearsounds Sun 20-Oct-13 14:06:18

Sorry I really don't like the first pair.

mignonnette Sun 20-Oct-13 14:12:11

I like the first pair and would wear them with cigarette leg pants, sharply cut, a slouchy sweater or sweatshirt with a collared shirt underneath. They are actually pretty cool and like the classic Clarks desert boot, have longevity as a design.

I'm not as keen on the second style.

QueenCadbury Sun 20-Oct-13 14:25:38

I'm not personally keen on either pair but I can imagine them both working with skinny jeans.

NigellasGuest Sun 20-Oct-13 15:01:54

I meant that IMO I can't imagine the first pair looking good with anything at all ever. But as I said, others may disagree and have in fact disagreed!

HappyGirlNow Sun 20-Oct-13 15:20:27

I love the ones you've already ordered.. But HATE your first link, they look like granny boots..

thriftychic Sun 20-Oct-13 16:48:50

so , the general consensus is that the first pair are probably going to look rubbish . any other ideas ?
i need a little bit of height , bit lower than the second pair and brown colour or tan or similar

Financeprincess Sun 20-Oct-13 18:12:18

Don't like the first pair much, I'm afraid. They look a bit orthopaedic. Don't wear things that scream "comfort"!

Flat boots look better in black leather. Have you considered biker boots? They look chic with skinny jeans. Jimmy Choo sell loads of them (not suggesting that you should shop there, just to reinforce their trendiness!)

Curioustiger Sun 20-Oct-13 18:44:13

I'm afraid I'm joining the consensus on the first pair... Not for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now