Am I too fat for this Oasis winter rose dress? Be honest.

(123 Posts)
Butteredsidedown Sat 19-Oct-13 18:20:31

Photos in profile

I have fat arms, this doesn't do good things to them as the pudgy above elbow bit is showing.

Also wearing spanx here but the split means the thunder thigh holding in bits might be seen, so the dress is spanx prohibitive. Other pant options would be needed.

Should I send it back and just accept I need a nice mumsy wrap dress that covers all the fat bits?

allnewtaketwo Sat 19-Oct-13 18:22:18

I think it looks really lovely on you

neolara Sat 19-Oct-13 18:22:47

I'm afraid I'm rubbish at fashion advice. But can I just say you've got the most spectacularly tidy bedroom. And I love the colour of your wall.

bigbrick Sat 19-Oct-13 18:22:48

You look great - I like how the pattern is placed on the dress

UsedToBeNDP Sat 19-Oct-13 18:23:34

I can't see your profile but to be honest it doesn't really matter. If you feel uncomfortable/self conscious in the dress you may as we'll not wear it because you'll be so distracted and unable to relax.

Costypop Sat 19-Oct-13 18:24:34

Looks lovely but I think you either need to shorten it an inch or two or wear higher highs. The colour suits and you defo don't not look fat. I think it suits you!

UsedToBeNDP Sat 19-Oct-13 18:25:01

Oh hang on, the pics are showing now but re minuscule on my iPhone screen anyway!

MrsBucketxx Sat 19-Oct-13 18:25:09

Its nice you dont look chunky at all.

I think it looks nice on you and I am sorry but I would not call you fat at all! You might think you are fat but you don't look it.

trixymalixy Sat 19-Oct-13 18:26:00

I think it looks great!!

DreamlessSleep Sat 19-Oct-13 18:26:47

I like it.

trianglecirclesquare Sat 19-Oct-13 18:26:59

You are NOT too fat for the dress. Not a bit of it. Your shape is gorgeous! However, I don't love it on you, and it has nought to do with your weight. I think the colour and pattern look a bit mumsy, and you'd look stunning in a better colour and different style. It's not you, it's the dress! smile

fusspot66 Sat 19-Oct-13 18:27:50

DH says he'd give her one....
HTH

Butteredsidedown Sat 19-Oct-13 18:28:22

Haha, that's my daughters room mine was too messy for photos

I love the dress, just feel self conscious and worried about big pants showing, sitting down, fat elbows, generally everything!

There is no way I could wear a shorter dress, I have massive cellulite ridden thighs.

whatiswrongwithyou Sat 19-Oct-13 18:28:26

Are you having a laugh?!

Dress really suits your figure.

Betrayedbutsurvived Sat 19-Oct-13 18:28:27

You look great, and you've never seen fat. Need higher heels though.

fusspot66 Sat 19-Oct-13 18:29:16

PS we have had a gin while we wait for a curry to be delivered.

Catypillar Sat 19-Oct-13 18:29:44

I think you look lovely.

You look great. You're not fat at all never mind 'too fat'. I agree that you need higher heels though

whatiswrongwithyou Sat 19-Oct-13 18:30:42

Agree with betrayed about the shoes though.

TripTrapTripTrapOverTheBridge Sat 19-Oct-13 18:30:53

Nope,not at all!I do agree that it looks a bit mumsy on you though.Maybe make up would change that a bit?don't know if it would though.

I love the colour of your shoes btw

BellaVita Sat 19-Oct-13 18:31:27

Looks great.

Butteredsidedown Sat 19-Oct-13 18:32:02

Trianglecircle I think I understand, that's why I feel a bit reserved about it. The middle bit is actually quite loose, whereas the bottom bit feels too tight. So it actually thickens my middle.

Also, I have a petty good rack!, so maybe a v neck or lower neck line might draw attention to the good bits rather than the lumpy bits?

Butteredsidedown Sat 19-Oct-13 18:34:47

Am going to Reading tomorrow to see if I can find anything better. I'll wear this one if desperate though.

I can't wear higher heels as my ankle bones are joined together in the wrong places, so I wouldn't be able to walk in them!

leobear Sat 19-Oct-13 18:56:13

I don't think it fits you properly. I have exactly the same issue - most things bag on the waist, on me. You are definitely nowhere near fat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now