Scarf virgin here...

(11 Posts)

Am thinking of getting a scarf for accessorising (hiding my bumpy tum) but have only ever worn winter wooly scarves...where do I begin?

frankietwospots Wed 16-Oct-13 21:42:40

M&S have a good range of generous scarves that you can wrap around your neck and then let the ends drape down your front. My fave at the moment is a black/grey/tan leopard affair. Can't find it online though. Gap are also good for scarves.

charitygirl Wed 16-Oct-13 21:43:32

Are you near a TK Maxx? They always have a huge range in all colours and sizes. I only ever wear thickish scarves (I.e. not silky) and I prefer square as I tend to turn them into a triangle or tie them in a loop. I assume if you're thinking of hiding tum you want them big not small.

I also have a plain jersey infinity scarf that's very warm and useful.

Cherrypie32 Wed 16-Oct-13 21:45:25

And you can find nice ones in Sainsburys for just £8. eBay obviously has thousands.

frankietwospots Wed 16-Oct-13 21:51:43

Oh yes, I've had a few from Sainsburys - really good choice and they are nice and big.

daimbardiva Wed 16-Oct-13 21:58:02

Primark is great for oversized scarves for about £3 or £4 each - a great place to start. I am a scarf junkie - have loads from all sorts of places, and I get as much wear/compliments out of the Primark ones as those from anywhere else smile

mrsblakey Thu 17-Oct-13 19:56:53

i have had some great buys from charity shops - worth a look.

bunnymother Thu 17-Oct-13 20:11:26

I recommend only buying wool, silk, cotton and cashmere scarves - pure or a mix. Polyester makes your hair stand on end and viscose goes limp quickly.

bunnymother Thu 17-Oct-13 20:13:26

Modal also pills and goes limp, sometimes.

bigbrick Thu 17-Oct-13 20:20:57

Light weight wool thread and long so you just knot once & over your tum. I wear long pashmina type scarves like this and nice and cosy as well

Find '25 ways to wear a scarf in 4.5 minutes' on YouTube. Sorry - can't do links on phone. It is amazing and will inspire you. Even dh liked it grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now