Dress needed! Please come hither all ye great dress searchers....

(27 Posts)
Dinkydoos Wed 16-Oct-13 19:31:07

Right, need a dress for a family do on Saturday and also for a few other party style do's.
I've left it very late but thought I could wear something I already had, but realised I am bored of all my dresses plus everyone has seem them a 100 times
Am size 12, quite norky. Decent legs but shit arms. So always try and avoid sleeveless.
I can get to shops tomorrow, and we have John Lewis and other main type shops.
Sort of want something a bit party/going out y. And flattering, natch.
Oh and I'm mid forties (weeps).
Soooooo lovely mners, what's the party dress that is flattering, has some sort of sleeve and can be bought on the high street. Pleeeasegrin

iMe Wed 16-Oct-13 19:39:21

<shouts for tethersend>
<looks forward to clicking on links>

Dinkydoos Wed 16-Oct-13 19:40:59

Yes yes, tethers! And mrs lettuce. Come quick! And anyone else .. I have wine and everything

Not Tethers or Mrs L, so not important enough for the thread, perhaps? smile Day or night time? Colours?

Dinkydoos Wed 16-Oct-13 20:00:14

Noooo! You are good enough! I look at many of your links, ( think you recommended those ace M &s jegging type trousers] and if I remember right think you fairly local to me << now worries I seem like a stalker>>

MrsLettuce Wed 16-Oct-13 20:01:38

Remus, you nutter!

Price range?

Ooh a MN stalker - I like it! grin

What colours/shops do you like?

I want to go and check this out.

And this.

Love this

Ive just ordered this. Looks a bit short but I have good legs grin

aftereight Wed 16-Oct-13 20:23:00

Yy to the Florence dress linked to above. Really flattering on, though am struggling to match footwear/tights with it.

Dinkydoos Wed 16-Oct-13 20:26:23

Ooh! That Florence dress looks good. But worried re norks.. Will I get 'the shelf' sort of look??
Like the faux leather also but slightly perturbed re the faux leathery ness.
Love the Hobbs ones, but worried they a bit formal for what I need. Hmmm though, may look at those again
And like mikes dress , but can't get that tomorrow!

Is the 'do' day time or evening? Do you have shoes? Does the occasion require heels? What styles do you usually like?

Dinkydoos Wed 16-Oct-13 20:34:05

Ok. Evening do. An 18th. I have heels, boots etc.
Hmm. My style. I have 3 of those whistles dresses that are fitted on waist, above knee, drapey top styleeeee. Like this a bit, with sleeves
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Whistles-dress-size-12-in-navy-silk-/111185578272

Like fairly fitted above knee styles really. Not too posh..
But will def try on that Florence dress as think may work well actually. <<Must remind myself to wear bra with straps all tight>>

I f you are feeling rich, you are the perfect shape for a Westwood.

Dinkydoos Wed 16-Oct-13 20:43:33

remus I absolutely loved a Westwood anglomania I tried on once in selfridges. But didn't have a reason to buy it so didn't. Am Solihull area now nor brum, and don't have time to go there before Saturday. Ad tbh, would rather not spend that much (but def would, if I got one on and it looked good!) but I am now going to start looking on eBay for one, as a more long term plan, so thanks for that reminder grin

Dinkydoos Wed 16-Oct-13 20:59:17

Quite like that Remus, but not sure would work on me.
You have sent me off on a dangerous side path by the way.
If I had good arms ( oh and was a size 8) I give you:
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vivienne-Westwood-Dress-Size-40-Bnwot-stunning-/290996352584?pt=UK_Women_s_Dresses&hash=item43c0bbf648
It's beautiful

Gorgeous.

Dinkydoos Wed 16-Oct-13 22:53:09

Just tried to win a vw dress from eBay but failed!
Will try the Florence tomorrow though

OPeaches Thu 17-Oct-13 07:43:23

I love that Florence dress! To anyone who has it, what's the sizing like? I'm a 12 with big boobs, would I need a medium or large?

OPeaches Thu 17-Oct-13 08:13:36

Quick! Someone tell me now, I'm itching to order it!

Pompbear Thu 17-Oct-13 10:12:30

Oliver bonas Belinda burnout dress!!! My links don't seem to work but black silk, sleeves. I have the top and I bloody LOVE it. Wish I could afford the dress too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now