Black opaque tights recommendations

(20 Posts)
coffeeinbed Thu 17-Oct-13 21:11:09

I bought some lovely cotton ones in Boots last year.

Tikkamasala Thu 17-Oct-13 20:45:32

Primark, I think the ones I like are 100 denier "microfibre". They also have v shiny ones, to be avoided!

MrsMarigold Thu 17-Oct-13 12:00:11

Hmmm last year I bought the autograph ones and was really disappointed, I also have skinny ankles smile

CointreauVersial Tue 15-Oct-13 00:27:40

M&S Autograph Velvet Touch. Fantastic fit, feel beautiful and last for ever.

hollyisalovelyname Tue 15-Oct-13 00:15:24

M& S Autograph silky tights
Dunnes Stores silky tights- I don't know if Dunnes have shops in the U. K.

OverAndAbove Mon 14-Oct-13 20:27:05

Autograph velvet touch are the ones I swear by; they are really good quality for the price.

catanddog Mon 14-Oct-13 20:11:04

Thanks all!

YoMamma Mon 14-Oct-13 18:57:36

Wolford. They are £££ but last forever. Particularly if you get conned into buying the accompanying white gloves to put them on with.

pseudonymity Mon 14-Oct-13 16:40:02

Falke Pure Matte 100 denier are absolutely great and will last for years. Haven't found any that come close.

MyNameIsSuz Mon 14-Oct-13 16:08:50

I've just discovered Sainsburys have 200 denier black tights in - they're so soft and so thick, I've bought loads of pairs and they are fabulous!

GobblersKnob Mon 14-Oct-13 16:04:19

Primark 200 denier are fab, long in the leg and body, (providing you buy them big).

Turquoiseblue Mon 14-Oct-13 15:45:33

M and s for everyday but for a more polished look you can't go past wool fords/ flake - they are my 'good' tights lol - ie not for toddler group!

MissFoodie Mon 14-Oct-13 15:09:07

uniqlo: long, high waist, high lycra content, wash/dry well

polyhymnia Mon 14-Oct-13 14:42:19

Never go for the ordinary M and S ones, though. Falke and Wolford also good though a bit dearer .

polyhymnia Mon 14-Oct-13 14:40:16

M and S Autograph are my favourites for every day. Recommend them.

ElizabethBathory Mon 14-Oct-13 14:38:10

Damn forgot to say, before I discovered the M&S Autograph ones I always got Aristoc microfibre 80 denier - they are great, but I prefer the Autograph ones as cheaper and just as good.

ElizabethBathory Mon 14-Oct-13 14:36:28

My current favourites are M&S Autograph ones - can't see them on the website right now. They're the only ones I've found that are properly opaque but not baggy on the ankles - am 5'5" and size 8 with tiny ankles. One pair of my M&S ones fall down but the rest are great!

I always follow the weight or hip size suggestions on the size chart, rather than height, and get the smallest size they do. Not sure if that would work at 5'8"?

Otherwise, Wolford are lovely quality but I find they cut in at the waist. Falke are lovely too but not great on the ankles.

MrsMarigold Mon 14-Oct-13 13:53:02

I'm also interested, the M&S ones were awful last year and the waistbands kept falling down.

catanddog Mon 14-Oct-13 13:51:02

couple, not cule......

catanddog Mon 14-Oct-13 13:50:27

I am looking to chuck out all of last years tights as mine have bobbled etc...and was wondering where you get yours from. I need a cule of pairs of really opaque black and opaque navy. I've tended to go M&S route but have found them hit and miss - either too baggy (I'm a size 8 5ft 8") or not opaque enough, or other shops that come in too shiny for everyday, and for navy tights everywhere seems to be too blue and not quite dark enough. Is it worth investing properly and going down the Wolford/Falke route? Help please.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now