Help me choose a stylish but also long and very warm coat for standing around rugby pitches?

(111 Posts)
casacastille Sat 12-Oct-13 17:09:48

Can anyone recommend one? After today, I have realised that it has to cover my bottom (not yet defrosted) but beyond that I can't decide what sort.

I quite like this Zara one

and this one claims to be waterproof

Which do you like best? I'd like a furry hoodsmile

Thank you to all those who suggested Didriksons. My new coat arrived today, it has already encountered the horror of playground duty in the rain!

So, it is a bit red but very snugly. I feel I need a sign- no ewoks were harmed in the making of this coat! I ordered from Laws, it was delivered yesterday, but taken to the sorting office.

horcruxmanzini Wed 16-Oct-13 17:05:39

Love Laws. I got my Didriksons parka from there, and the service was brilliant.

I got my Didrikson yesterday too. And the gales this morning meant it got it's first outing this morning too.

I was warm and dry despite a 40 minute tramp across the city to work.

I felt vair Hans Solo. 'twas lucky I didn't pass any livestock - I may not have resisted the urge to grab my lightsaber and pop in a passerby.

Glad I got waterproof now.

Shame it was hot and sunny on the walk home. I was a little sweaty after the walk home.shock

cardamomginger Wed 16-Oct-13 19:52:55

Thanks for starting this thread. I have a Didriksons rain coat, which is fab for keeping out the rain but does nowt in terms of cold. I WILL NOT BE COLD AGAIN THIS WINTER!!!!

Lots of useful suggestions. Would LOVE a Canada Goose, may go for a Cuckmere, but will probably find a suitable Didrikson.

horcruxmanzini Wed 16-Oct-13 20:34:26

Speaking of which, has anyone washed their Didrikson yet? Mine is getting a bit doggy, but I'm reluctant to put it in the washing machine in case I ruin it...

cardamomginger Wed 16-Oct-13 20:40:36

I washed my Didrikson rain coat (so no filling). I used Tech Wash and it was fine.

www.amazon.co.uk/Nikwax-Direct-Clean-Proof-Value/dp/B001RE3FSW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381952386&sr=8-1&keywords=tech+wash

The purple bottle is the wash-in re-proofing stuff.

MissFoodie Wed 16-Oct-13 20:48:57

queen/tea which one did you get???

I went Lyndsey. Olive green.

It didn't come with a lightsaber but I have borrowed DS4s so it's ok.

Lands end here too. Only ones that keep me warm. Squall parka for wet weather and a down one for cold cold.
Ive brought a next padded coat which says its shower proof this year as wanted something slightly nicer but im not sure it will be too warm at £50 and polyester filled.

Good hat scarf and gloves are essential. Layers are good. I wear at least two vests under my clothing. I never wear jeans or trousers so black thermal leggings instead of tights. Two pairs of socks one normal pair and then a pair of thermal or those fleecy bed type socks and then wellies.

bsc Wed 16-Oct-13 23:05:48

Dearie me... I've just ordered some of those heated insoles dexter!

I always have cold feet! Just worried about them fitting inside my boots now, as I'm only a size 4 hmm

I bought the Taylor. I'm almost keen for it to rain now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now