lets just talk clothes a bit... anyone?

(228 Posts)
PervCat Sat 12-Oct-13 10:28:42

I got my new boots out yesterday - wore all day at work. I am very pleased with them.
www.next.co.uk/x52278s7#788998x52

what are you pleased wiht so far?

PervCat Sun 20-Oct-13 16:02:19

I'll have feel. Don't think so

casacastille Sun 20-Oct-13 11:53:56

Is it itchy, Perv?

It's nice. Too boxy for me I reckon. I just bought this. It's rather warm for cotton.

PervCat Sat 19-Oct-13 07:43:57

I know everyone's gone. But just to say that jumpers perfect

PervCat Thu 17-Oct-13 21:27:02
PervCat Thu 17-Oct-13 21:25:48

I might have found the jumper from the OPS.

Absy Tue 15-Oct-13 10:27:39

Love it mumelie - I ordered it in long, so it hits on the knee. When I ordered it it was supposed to take 9 weeks, but in the end only took about 1. I wore it over the weekend with a cream polo neck from uniqlo (also a very good buy), so it was warmer.

garlicvampire Tue 15-Oct-13 01:03:08

You very bad woman, MrsDV angry

<gets out credit card>

MrsDeVere Mon 14-Oct-13 22:33:45

I think that is why I like them! I would have killed for a pair of velvet leggings in the 80s.
Mind you in them days they would have had baggy knees within 10 minutes of putting them on.

Yes I am old enough to remember when lycra was not routinely added to clothing grin

Oh and btw the way garlic.......BUY THEM BUY THEM BUUUUUYYYY THEM!!!

YukonHo Mon 14-Oct-13 22:20:49

Mrs DV, I have no longer got the pair of blue crushed velvet leggings from Michiko Coshino from about 20 years ago. Your leggings made me yearn for them. ;)

garlicvampire Mon 14-Oct-13 20:53:35

Speaking VERY STERNLY to myself, MrsDV grin

garlicvampire Mon 14-Oct-13 20:52:36

... Well, not as urgently as I'm going to need gas, electricity and food come January ...

garlicvampire Mon 14-Oct-13 20:52:00

This thread's made me go mad shock As well as buying insane amounts of tube dresses and cute jumpers, I've just ordered these. IT'S NOT AS IF I HAVE NO BOOTS ... just not these particular ones!

I'd better hide the thread. Really. I don't need loads of lovely, big, soft jumpers, do I?!

MrsDeVere Mon 14-Oct-13 19:50:27

Oh sorry.Missed that last post!
Yes I feel the same. I shouldn't but I can't help it grin

MrsDeVere Mon 14-Oct-13 19:49:52

Does no-one like my leggings sad

garlicvampire Mon 14-Oct-13 19:46:59

Love your boots, hackney! Very impressed by Thumb and stories, for amazing bargain-finding. I need you two to do my shopping grin

I sort of feel I shouldn't like those velvet leggings, MrsDV, but I do! I'd end up buying long jumpers just to go over them, so I'd better forget about 'em ...

hackneybird Mon 14-Oct-13 17:44:00

Infrequent I have both of those Jigsaw items! I love the cardi, it's so warm. My silk raglan top is navy blue though. I don't think you'll look silly if you're concerned about being near 40 - just very stylish (disclaimer: I am 40!).

Tweet I am getting that Uniqlo coat in black. I need something warmer and more practical for a change.

My mad bad purchase this AUTUMN not Fall was these boots.

I had a gift voucher from my husband as part of my 40th birthday present and the rest was my 40th birthday from 'me to me'. I have worn them loads already and they are very comfy.

Dancergirl- Woolovers is worth a look re cardigans. They are good quality and shaped nicely despite what their advertising suggests.

The cropped merino/cashmere are well shaped and wash well. I have the black,grey and blueberry.

MrsDeVere Mon 14-Oct-13 16:23:30
frankietwospots Mon 14-Oct-13 16:03:48

Jemima, I have that lightweight parka in the navy. It's fab isn't it!

PervCat Mon 14-Oct-13 15:46:49

mumelle i just saw those grey boots in next as i took back some other shit ones

35$

Mumelie Mon 14-Oct-13 15:45:03

Love those wedge boots Jemima I have them in charcoal and the beige colour and wear them all the time, so comfy!

What did you think of the Libby dress Ansy? I received my order today but its going back as too short all over for me (I'm 5'6" so not tall). Would have loved it otherwise. All sold out in my size in the long now sad.

I have bought and loved so far this Autumn;

Boden top in the green

New Look black coated jeans - late to that bandwagon but they are ace!

Autograph cream cashmere long jumper which I hope will last a fair few years as my Boden cashmere has!

I really really want a pair of grey ankle boots but cannot find the right thing! I need mid hell/wedge suede or leather, close fitting ankle (for skirts not skinnies), and crucially not too much £!

Can I report this thread for MN MQ's Americanisation of it in the
Discussions of the Day' sidebar. Each time it catches my eye there I growl inwardly, and it isn't even in the OP's title! I see it has been mentioned already - but why would MN do that?

Absy Mon 14-Oct-13 14:19:31

I got a nice grey merino wool cardigan from gap.

I got this from Boden which was my first ever foray into Boden.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now