lets just talk clothes a bit... anyone?

(228 Posts)
PervCat Sat 12-Oct-13 10:28:42

I got my new boots out yesterday - wore all day at work. I am very pleased with them.
www.next.co.uk/x52278s7#788998x52

what are you pleased wiht so far?

I got yet another delivery of jeans this morning that don't fit
Fed up

bettybleep Sat 12-Oct-13 13:56:31

Ruched jersey is comfortable and flattering.. Hell to iron though.

dammit perv I do like those boots but bought two dresses in the jaeger sale this week <wail>

no idea about gap sizing - drives me crazy

I really like that P8 top. May purchase. I liked the look of those Gap trews when I saw them in store, but I am chunky of thigh so probably best avoided.

PervCat Sat 12-Oct-13 14:33:04

i just looked - one pair was a Us size 4 ( so a 8)
one was a us size 6 ( so a ten)

I am a marks and spencer 12 or sometimes 10

PervCat Sat 12-Oct-13 14:33:43

im going into town now to have a look at it. I think you look best in shirts AN. also winter contrast thing.

PervCat Sat 12-Oct-13 14:34:37

Jayne - what are you looking for jeans wise? can help when i returneth

Pinupgirl Sat 12-Oct-13 14:58:32

Recent purchases-

Vivien of Holloway circle skirt in pirate print-love it!
black Dolores top-Collectif
Polly Paddington skirt-Collectif. Lovely tartan pencil skirt that I plan to wear to death.
Violet skull print dress-Collectif. Very pretty and even though its light material I can wear it through winter with a cardigan and tights and it will still look good.

Need new boots now so if anyone see's any that have a vintage/retro feel then give me a shout please!

Ooh has Next actually got some nice things in? I like those boots and that grey jumper a lot.

I'm not pleased with anything right now - I went shopping today and disliked practically everything, everywhere. I am trying to buy something that isn't black - but the only things I like are black.

I lied. I have bought a couple of Whistles tube skirts lately. Love em.

BadSeedsAddict Sat 12-Oct-13 15:09:17

Can anyone recommend some long tips for over leggings? Just ordered two pairs of Mint Velvet ones (saw them on MN!) in grey and black and don't have much to go over them apart from a very beautiful slouchy thing MIL got me. I'm a size 16 and have HH boobs so can't wear anything with a high neck!

BadSeedsAddict Sat 12-Oct-13 15:09:46

*tops obviously smile

charitygirl Sat 12-Oct-13 15:45:06
PervCat Sat 12-Oct-13 15:46:42

Right. Looked at phase eight. They only had the ecru in looks small. Didn't try.

Whoever wants knitwear for over treggings- that had masses of cool sloppy joe sweaters and cardigans.

PervCat Sat 12-Oct-13 15:48:28

On the other thread about next Remus there were done skirts too. Iirc

I am very pleased with my Asos purple jersey dress and my White Stuff waterproof navy parka.
The dress is super flattering and the parka somehow manages to be warm, lightweight, fitting and practical all at once.

Will have a look, Perv. Don't need skirts though - have millions. I am desperate (DESPERATE, I tell you!) for tops.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sat 12-Oct-13 15:56:25

just got a navy drapey top from H&M and umming and ahing over whether to keep it.

BadSeedsAddict Sat 12-Oct-13 16:04:12

Thanks PervCat (can't actually take you seriously after seeing you on the cat spray thread!).

PervCat Sat 12-Oct-13 16:06:06

Lol. sprays against your leg

Ujjayi Sat 12-Oct-13 16:07:57

Pervcat I bought this from TK Maxx. I sized up to a medium for a lovely slouchy fit. Definitely enough room for a shirt beneath.

KeatsiePie Sat 12-Oct-13 16:12:51

Love this sweater (have the gray striped one), wish they had more. www.express.com/clothing/striped+chiffon+lined+tulip+back+sweater/pro/9604724/cat2012 Looks good with everything.

I bought this this morning. I'm very pleased with it. I'm going to wear a down body warmer (alright, gilet) over it which works rather well to my surprise.

And I bought a plain jersey dress from H&M as mentioned on another thread. Cheap and cheerful.

And knickers - boring ones.

And school uniform because four weeks in and DS has wrecked his trousers. They are too big so I have to go back.

goodasitgets Sat 12-Oct-13 16:39:30

I love love love my new Collectif dolores dress. Had the doll (full skirt) version already but this is a wiggle one and so flattering (am size 16)
i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/brighthair84/578F0A2C-3FBC-4494-939A-B3417280CEB8-32848-00002073E6941212_zpsab4f19d9.jpg

BadSeedsAddict Sat 12-Oct-13 16:55:05

Goodasitgets that is gorgeous! Is it fitted to your bust size or did you just buy it like that? Fitted tops never look right on my boobs, annoying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now