Which is nicer, the Whistles sweater or the Whistles dress? Thanks

(10 Posts)
PrimalLass Sat 12-Oct-13 13:33:40

The dress because you can wear a scarf with it. (I am scarf obsessed however.)

Twinklestein Fri 11-Oct-13 15:17:50

Dress by a million miles. Hangs much better, better shape. Much more flattering.

Jumper looks droopy, shapeless & unsexy. Plus cowl necks are a total pain in the arse.

LeoandBoosmum Fri 11-Oct-13 15:08:55

Thanks!

teta Fri 11-Oct-13 09:51:33

Love the sweater, but am probably biased (as I really want the navy and khaki ones).

rootypig Fri 11-Oct-13 04:05:43

grin grin

LeoandBoosmum Fri 11-Oct-13 03:28:37

Rooty! You're absolutely right! grin I stood there in front of the mirror fiddling with the neck for what felt like an eternity! I am a bit of a perfectionist and did wonder if I kept it whether I'd ever get out of the front door! Ha ha! Thanks.

Walnut8 Fri 11-Oct-13 03:27:34

Definitely the dress. But I'm not a fan of cowl necks, esp on short people (ie me!!) as they seem to swamp them! Also, i like the pockets.

rootypig Fri 11-Oct-13 03:18:12

afterthoughts - the key to a cowl neckline is not to try to arrange it, it's like a word you stare at for too long, the more you do the less sense it makes grin

rootypig Fri 11-Oct-13 03:17:18

Jumper. Nicer neckline and you'll get much more wear out of it. Buy a cheapish pencil skirt to wear with it to get a dress-like feel.

LeoandBoosmum Fri 11-Oct-13 03:09:25

I bought the cowl sweater and love it; it's a beautiful, rich navy... I am slightly put off by the fact I am a size 10 short*rse (5ft3) and the style is pretty over-sized (I got the small as the extra small didn't look as nice and swishy in profile). I also love the neck but can't get it to sit right! I'm starting to think - as I'd wear it with skinnies or leggings - that I might look like a big square with stumpy little legs sticking out! grin
I am wondering whether I should exchange for a navy knitted dress. It is, if the photo on the site is anything to go by, not such a rich navy, but it is not as over-sized and I'm wondering if it'd be more flattering and versatile...although I'm not sure about those pockets (I do like the seams along the back though).
Here's the sweater and dress... Could you please say which you prefer and why? I'll have to try to arrange an exchange soon if I'm going to as you only get two weeks and I've had it about ten days...)
Thanks!
www.whistles.co.uk/search?performSearch=true&productsPerPage=60&keywords=ettie#product=903000060675
www.whistles.co.uk/fcp/categorylist/new/in?resetFilters=true#product=903000060972

Thanks!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now