10-12 yr old boys - what are yours wearing on their feet for casual/weekend wear?

(30 Posts)
MrsMcGregor Thu 10-Oct-13 21:02:15

.... Apart from trainers! Seeking inspiration! smile

MrsMcGregor Thu 10-Oct-13 21:04:13

Huh? I just typed the 'smile' emoticon - where did the stork come from? confused

Trying another smile smile

MrsMcGregor Thu 10-Oct-13 21:04:36

Oh, it happened again - weird.

MrsShrek3 Thu 10-Oct-13 21:06:56

grin
ds1 has some nice brown lace up boots, smart end of casual (and warm)
ds2 rarely out of footy boots but has a reasonably impressive converse collection to clash with match everything

mikkii Thu 10-Oct-13 21:06:59

DS is 9, he wears trainers, crocs, wellies or (if he wants something thing comfy) his school shoes.

Vajazzler Thu 10-Oct-13 21:07:05

My almost 11 yr old boy lives in high tops and coveys a pair of Nike blazers. The only other shoes he wears is school shoes

MrsShrek3 Thu 10-Oct-13 21:07:45

sorry forgot to say ds1 =12yo
ds2 = 10yo

LifeHuh Thu 10-Oct-13 21:09:09

Um,DS wears cheapo imitation crocs,pretty much all the time and it would be all year round if I didn't nag him into trainers in the winter!(His choice,not mine - I am not keen on crocs but he loves them!)

But for residential school trip where crocs wouldn't have worked he had sandals,trainers,and a pair of converse (converses??)

Chewbecca Thu 10-Oct-13 21:14:44
MrsMcGregor Thu 10-Oct-13 22:23:19

Thanks for the suggestions - trying to get two disinterested boys out of their Astros!

tigerdriverII Thu 10-Oct-13 22:27:33

Converse, nice olive green pair, but irritating mainly lurid Nike astroturfs. DS has big feet (wide 7s at 11). I am thinking of making him wear the boxes frankly.

TheFallenMadonna Thu 10-Oct-13 22:38:43

DS (12, size 8 feet), wears black adidas gazelles outside school. His only shoes that aren't trainers are his walking boots and his wellies. Oh dear.

MrsShrek3 Thu 10-Oct-13 23:07:58

yy to wearing the boxes tiger
ds2 growing out of 5s at 10yrs 1 month, gah. want a chimney sweep, anyone? wink

Ujjayi Thu 10-Oct-13 23:40:39

Eldest DS (13) is wearing these They look great with slim fit chinos & jeans.

Youngest DS (9) is wearing a similar desert boot in grey from La Redoute.

I flatly refused to buy trainers this autumn. They have a pair for school (the ubiquitous Nike AstroTurf) and they have lived in Converse all summer. However, if they are good then perhaps FC will bring them a pair of Vans on Christmas morning ;)

Outside school DS1 wears either high tops that came from Next or vile lurid colored adidas trainers. He is 11. He also has school shoes, walking boots, wellies, astro trainers, court trainers, football boots and flip flops.

Captainbarnacles1101 Fri 11-Oct-13 08:14:47

My boy is 13 so a little older. Out of school he wears dark red Vans or a pair of horrible white converse.

ds is 11 and wears ones like this but leather, brought in tx maxx for £24.99 or hi dc hi tops, or black canvas vans. www.schuh.co.uk/dc-shoes/mens-black-and-green-dc-shoes-pure-ns/3406418560/

other than that hes in sports gear or school uniform.

ihearttc Fri 11-Oct-13 10:47:16

MrsShrek I feel your pain...DS1 is 8.5 and is already in a size 5! He has really wide feet which makes shoe shopping an absolute nightmare.

He is wearing leather Converse Hi tops...they are called Street Style and have elastic in them as well so you don't need to do the laces up! He has been after Converse for absolutely ages but can't normally get them on but because these are slightly lower they are fine.

Ive actually got them in the next size up as well because they are the only ones we have found that will go on!

They were £35 and are leather which I thought was quite good.

omletta Fri 11-Oct-13 10:50:27

Vans and converse

DS is 11

curlew Fri 11-Oct-13 10:51:22

Converse.

He would prefer Vans, but I am a shoe snob, so he agrees to Converse on condition he gets the ghastly Astros he wants for football and the sort of messing about Converse aren't ideal for.

Vans. He is in school shoes 6 days a week so no point in buying anything else. I'd love him to wear a smart shoe/boot but he won't. So it's school shoes, trainers or Vans.

MirandaWest Fri 11-Oct-13 10:58:54

DS is nearly 10. He has a pair of trainers. Not sure what make but they came from sports direct and are bright blue. He has some wellies he never wears and some walking boots he wears for things like going into woods with Cubs. He refuses to wear long trousers on the grounds that they are too hot....

Maybe I can convince him into some other shoes/boots/long trousers as well.

MirandaWest Fri 11-Oct-13 10:59:35

He doesn't do football or the shoe repertoire would be slightly larger.

This is a timely question grin DS is 10 and at the stage of needing something a bit trendy but has no idea what, so some great suggestions on here.

For what it's worth, he usually wears Clarks trainers (has ankle problems and needs something fitted) and something bright and cheap from somewhere like H&M. In the winter, he wears Uggs, which he loves as they are cosy but thinks they are a bit babyish now.

Rubybrazilianwax Fri 11-Oct-13 11:40:06

Converse for casual and something like these or these for going out for dinner or church

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now