Brrrr, too cold, what you go on?

(35 Posts)
nilbyname Thu 10-Oct-13 13:59:43

Today was working in the am and had a meeting with SLT in a school.

I wore,
claret textured tights, Plumo
Black jersey basics dress- H&M I rather live in these
Worn under, cashmere vest- Brora
Navy slouchy blazer- Zara
Black suede boots- Clarks originals
Huge Cashmere scarf wrapped around my neck.

Hair is in a bun, and I have a longish Claudia Winkleman style fringe, and today I have muted orange/peach nail polish on from Top Shop.

I felt quite nice, and I like the cold. What have you got on?

SuperiorCat Thu 10-Oct-13 14:09:01

Your outfit sounds lovely nil. I've been wfh today, I would normally have the heating on but DH is home so I can't, so I have thermals under (New Look) jeans and a (DP) red jersey shirt, with a fluffy throw and a cat on my lap to keep me warm.

ShreddedHoops Thu 10-Oct-13 14:13:33

Your outfit does indeed sound lovely nil!

I'm wearing a new raspberry red cardi from Peacocks, buttoned up over a black vest with taupe J Brand skinnies, black leather jacket and huge leopard scarf. I need more raspberry red in my life, it really suits me - the cardi is a bit crap quality tbh but if you look at my face rather than directly at the cardi, it gives me a virtual facelift.

im on an office day and no client visits so I have a textured black skater dress from the dreaded next (was recommended on a thread on here), thick black tights (sainsbos I think) and a teal cardigan with a black zebra print, ancient m&s ebay bargain.
WIth £40 knee high real leather boots from asda. direct.asda.com/george/womens-shoes/leather-riding-boots/G004298502,default,pd.html I was going to wear shoe boots but wanted flats.

BUt i'm still cold! I need warmer layers or some thermals.

ellesabe Thu 10-Oct-13 14:52:46

Cobalt blue jeggings (M&S)
Enormous blue knitted roll-neck jumper (Matalan)
Plain white t-shirt underneath
Ancient brown knee-high boots (so old I can't remember where they're from and really need replacing before they get actual holes in the leather) blush

jimjamspam Thu 10-Oct-13 15:22:58

working from home today too - got the heating on though grin

next skinnies, grey long line cashmere jumper, vest underneath and a uniqlo lambswool cardigan over the top

fluffy boden slippers smile

AndTwoBits Thu 10-Oct-13 15:27:40

Black baggy roll neck jumper over grey skinny jeans, forest green ash wedge sneakers and a big black and white scarf as it's freezing here. Hair also in a bun. Red lippy too for a change!

ElizabethBathory Thu 10-Oct-13 15:33:58

Dark grey Uniqlo jeans
Damson/navy striped merino crew neck jumper from Gap
Dune biker boots
All Saints black leather jacket

Forgot the cosy scarf and gloves so froze on my way to work.

eurochick Thu 10-Oct-13 15:41:43

Plain black fine textured knit jumper (zara)
Peachey satin skirt (nougat, I think)
Thin tights
Black patent kitten heel points

With a black belted mac over the top.

I am still bloody freezing!

SundaySimmons Thu 10-Oct-13 15:41:48

Hot, sunny day in Swansea!

I am wearing black boots, black leggings, a long sleeve black t shirt, a denim dress as worn by Katherine jenkins and bought from h&m for around £6!, a yellow floral scarf which was sold as a hijab but I wear it as a large scarf. Took my coat off it was so warm and took my daughter to Sainsburys as she finished school early, and it was very warm indeed!

SundaySimmons Thu 10-Oct-13 15:47:43

I must add that my daughter is wearing these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004ETL1XS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They arrived this morning before she went to schools and they are fabulous! I am thirty five years too old for them and they are not in keeping with my style but they look fantastic! The underneath of them has white bones!

My daughter looks like Boy George when he first appeared on Top of the Pops, multi coloured dreads, beads in her hair and bright blue patterned teeny tiny shorts worn over black tights, a rolling stone t shirt and one of my old coats, a kind of Navajo Indian affair! She looks fab!

SundaySimmons Thu 10-Oct-13 15:48:11

I must add that my daughter is wearing these

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004ETL1XS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They arrived this morning before she went to schools and they are fabulous! I am thirty five years too old for them and they are not in keeping with my style but they look fantastic! The underneath of them has white bones!

My daughter looks like Boy George when he first appeared on Top of the Pops, multi coloured dreads, beads in her hair and bright blue patterned teeny tiny shorts worn over black tights, a rolling stone t shirt and one of my old coats, a kind of Navajo Indian affair! She looks fab!

Littlepumpkinpie Thu 10-Oct-13 16:07:04

Was wearing gym gear this morning after my shower I put on
Black and grey wool tights
Denim skirt
Biker boots
Grey cashmere jumper
Burgundy coat on school run

nilbyname Thu 10-Oct-13 16:08:22

sunday your daughter sounds awesome!

I love how everyone is all wrapped up, feels like autumn really kicked into today, need to find my mittens next.

I really like the sound of the ash trainers who wore them up thread ^^

Also, I NEED an ALLSAINTS leather jacket, father christmas if you are listening!

AndTwoBits Thu 10-Oct-13 16:41:51

Nilby I got them on asos for €69 in the sale! They were my bargain of the year.

Pinupgirl Thu 10-Oct-13 16:51:47

red flowery tea dress-charity shop but originally M&co
tiki cocktail print cardi-Collectif
seamed opaques-jonathan aston
Dietrich trench-Collectif
polka chiffon scarf tied round neck-Collectif
red mary jane shoes-Miss kg

WeGotTheKrunk Thu 10-Oct-13 17:30:03

Great thread!

I had a lot of floor-based work today (crawling around on the floor with kids at school), I wore:

Navy blue tights (New Look)
Batwing Black & grey patterned dress from chazzer that was originally from Apricot
Black skate shoes
Small purple cardigan from H&M

Can't wait to get my winter boots on!

totallylost Thu 10-Oct-13 18:33:14

grey longline cashmere cardigan, grey skinny cords, black ankle boots and white sequin top

Carolmillen Thu 10-Oct-13 18:39:17

Nilbyname, do your Clarks boots still look nice after a few wears? I'm always a bit dubious about keeping suede looking nice - although I love the style of the boot!

nilbyname Thu 10-Oct-13 19:25:26

totally get you with your pic links!

carol yes the boots are wearing well, and are so so comfortable.

I really really want a cashmere cardigan, just not found the right shape yet.

Work -

Black pencil skirt
Black opaques with tiny holes all over them
Black top
Grey tweedy Chanel-esque jacket
Black heels

Now - my dressing gown (it's black!).

nilbyname Thu 10-Oct-13 19:51:32

remus i was wondering if you would pop in! very chic your outfit!

billybobsquire Thu 10-Oct-13 19:58:20

I wore like clothes n shit.

Thank you. Tbh I spent most of the day with my heels kicked under the desk and my hair all over the place.

I like your H&M dress - what's the quality/length like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now