Perfect pyjamas and luxurious loungewear please

(13 Posts)
Liveinthepresent Thu 10-Oct-13 09:45:57

I am on maternity leave at the moment so my wardrobe is rather limited and pyjamas and comfortable casual clothes will remain a priority for A/W.

Am thinking of asking DH for some new items for my birthday soon to make it all just a little more stylish than shuffling about in too big maternity PJs.

Am looking at things like hush cardigown
www.hush-uk.com/nightwear/all_nightwear/cardigown_charcoal_grey.htm

Or their pyjamas - but worried they may be unflattering.

Can anyone recommend these or something else?
Would normally consider white company but quality variable these days it seems.
I am a 14 pear shape with a wobbly tummy ( nice!) so needs to be flattering.
TIA

LadyBigtoes Thu 10-Oct-13 10:07:57

I love Boden pj bottoms which they describe as "pull-ups". In winter they come in lovely soft brushed cotton, I have several and they last well. They also do little pj vests and cashmere loungewear sometimes.

Toast have gorgeous things too though they are ££££.

MarshaBrady Thu 10-Oct-13 10:12:05

Bodas is nice but quite expensive too.

SpookyRestingFace Thu 10-Oct-13 10:23:11

Yes, all my favourite "loungewear" is from Boden. I prefer the Johnnie B pull-ons to the women's version - I find them longer, leaner and nicer (warmer) fabric. Their largest size equates to a 12, but if that's no good then the women's version is very nice too. For tops I currently use Johnnie B again - the pointelle tops.

That is my evening wardrobe, with a cashmere wrap or (current fave) slouchy Skye jumper over the top.

That said, I actually bought a fantastic pair of pull-ons from Primark a couple of weeks ago. I never normally go in there, and the shop was like some hell of other people shock but it was worth it for these. They are long with button tabs to turn up for shorter legs, lovely soft brushed cotton, and a nice blue with discreet pattern (sadly all the other patterns were, um, less nice, so no follow-up purchase). And they have pockets! I love them grin

My one pair of Hush PJs are OK, but not my favourites. I always go to one of the Boden sets first. I quite like the look of the cardigown, but I feel like it's overpriced for the fabric.

LadyBigtoes Thu 10-Oct-13 12:33:47

Damn Boden pull-ons of course not "pull-ups". Knew something wasn't quite right there. (Nappy brain - literally grin)

LeoandBoosmum Thu 10-Oct-13 12:45:14

Have eyed those Boden pull-ons myself but have always dithered.. Do you Boden pull-on devotees size down or go with your normal size... Some of the website reviews say thy run really big. confused

teta Thu 10-Oct-13 12:46:44

Matalan do really Good brushed cotton pull ups and Lovely floral cotton bottoms plus a huge assortment of vests and tops.

LadyBigtoes Thu 10-Oct-13 12:49:07

They are generous, but I would go with normal size for pjs, unless you want them to look really slim. You need to curl up in bed/on sofa and not feel any tightness IMO! They have a drawstring in the waistband as well as elastic, so you can adjust.

(If buying Boden always look for an offer code or special deal as there are always some about.)

LadyBigtoes Thu 10-Oct-13 12:49:54

Also agree you can pick up some very nice loungewear at the cheaper end of the market – it's always worth a look in a big sainsbury's or tesco.

Liveinthepresent Thu 10-Oct-13 15:19:50

Ooh replies - will check out the Boden pull ons /ups!! I had them years ago but didn't find they fit my shape that well - look a different style now so may order a pair to try. Thank you.

Ideally want to be able to get DH to order on line as cant face trawling shops with baby and toddler!

Have also remembered i have seen this range recommended on here before-
www.figleaves.com/uk/product/DY-Y1357595-DKN/DKNY-Seven-Easy-Pieces-34-Sleeve-Cozy/?product_id=DY-Y1357595-DKN
Anyone tried these?

Keep ideas coming!

BikeRunSki Brazil Thu 10-Oct-13 16:53:40

I got some lovely brushed cotton pj bottoms from Fat Face last winter. The matching tops (sold seperately) are less good, as they are 50% poly and a bit sweaty and bobbled really easily.

aftereight Thu 10-Oct-13 16:59:02

I buy mine from Sainsbury's, they have some lovely soft pj trousers and a range of tops which mix and match. They wash really well and look more expensive than they are.

Primarni do amazing pj's really soft and comfy - cheap and toasty but possibly not ethical...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now