do your boobs pass the "pencil test"?

(102 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Thu 10-Oct-13 01:47:18

there is a no bra wearing day coming up for breast cancer awareness....im at work that day and would have someones eye out if id didnt wear a bra!

i never understood the pencil test thing. i thought id failed because i couldnt hold a pencil - but it seems that i got it the wrong way around.
im a 34 D. it just so happens that mine point forward instead of down - so pencil test is a no no for me - i cant hold them.

is this a good thing? my boobs apparently still point forwards instead of going south.....im narly 42 so am sort of counting this as a good thing! im about to have surgery on my stomach so i am guessing i will lose some weight and my boobs are always the first to go....

pocketandsweet Thu 10-Oct-13 18:20:11

I am also only ever calling them my Niels from now on!

COCKadoodledooo Thu 10-Oct-13 18:17:18

I can hold a rolling pin under mine blush

SignoraStronza Thu 10-Oct-13 18:06:40

Oh yesgrin . My breasts are the only part of my body not destroyed by pregnancy (and I've breastfed dcs for a total of 3 years 9 months and counting). Come back to me after dc3 though.

JollyScaryGiant Thu 10-Oct-13 15:20:23

Provided I'm standing on my head I can't hold a pencil under mine wink

BillyBanter Thu 10-Oct-13 14:29:25

40F 44 and I can not hold a pencil under them, providing I'm standing with good posture.

If I don't make the effort to stand properly then I can hold a pencil under them.

Hell no, I will never attend a workplace braless. I answer the door to the postman and that scares the poor man enough! And yup, whole of my childminding husbands craft cupboard could be carried under mine (30HH)

ThatVikRinA22 Thu 10-Oct-13 14:21:40

woo! 4 pages!

i wont be dazzling anyone with my norks either - i could get away with no bra but would horribly, erm, exposed! i did indeed see this no bra thing on facebook...i very much doubt women will be complying!

some of the pencil test answers had me chortling! i should take pics for prosperity...only knowing me i would lose my phone. best not eh....

as it happens i have quite a pert arse too - it seems that the bits of me that stick out are quite rounded!

fromparistoberlin Thu 10-Oct-13 14:19:19

"there is a no bra wearing day coming up for breast cancer awareness

right, so how the fuck will that help woman suffering with BC???? honestly! tosh

bollocks, and bad bad OP for the stealth board for your weirdly perky tits!

Thelovecats Thu 10-Oct-13 13:58:12

Err no, have never been able to pass the pencil test. sorrel I am showing that link to anyone that will look smile Have you seen this daily mail gem today- things isle this are so misleading to women who don't think they could possibly be above a dd cup because that's so huge hmm here, and don't even get me started on the fit of these bras!

haha no way. I am all for supporting breast cancer awareness, having lost friends to the disease, but no way will I be going without a bra. I'm a 34g and even in nightwear I wear those vest with the built in 'shelf' for support.

MrsWedgeAntilles Thu 10-Oct-13 12:12:03

I am rolling on the ground laughing at some of these.
I've created this mental image of tens of little Neanderthals sheltering from the rain, drinking beer and fiddling on laptops while the lady in question just goes serenely about her business.

Salbertina Thu 10-Oct-13 12:11:08

Thank you kindly, Mrs! Shall read that for when I'm next near a decent bra shop.

MrsWedgeAntilles Thu 10-Oct-13 12:07:46

Salb Here it is:

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/a1749199-Bra-intervention-have-I-got-this-right

Sorry it took so long, there are in the region of 95 million bra fitting threads on MN grin

Try this method, its amazing, it really will change your life. I did the measurement and wandered about in a daze for a few days muttering to myself that it couldn't possibly be true. I then went to Bravissimo armed with the measurements, came out with the first two bras that have ever fitted me properly and for the rest of the day was functionally just a great big cheesy grin and 2 amazing boobs grin
I look thinner, my posture's much better, I've got a cleavage (which took me completely by suprise, I thought that bit of my lady kit was lost down the back of the sofa forevermore) and my boobs aren't as sore when I've got PMT.
The only thing slightly not great is that because I'd always worn the bra of least resistance in the past I wasn't quite ready for the breaking in effect that came with the underwires in the new size but it only took a day or so for them to be entirely comfortable.

I'd trip myself up if went bra-less

lurkingaround Thu 10-Oct-13 11:39:03

I bet if we were men the title of this thread would be:

I can hold an iPad under my boobs. Beat that!!

mysticminstrel Thu 10-Oct-13 11:33:19

32E and mine never have.

My arse is extremely pert though

<clutches at straws>

Thants Thu 10-Oct-13 11:31:13

Mumof3girlys you need new friends.
Salbertina uplifts are usually combined with implants and are a much riskier op. Either way you are mutilating your body for no real benefit. Boobs are boobs there is no better or worse! Getting properly measured and getting good quality bras is a very good plan smile

Thants Thu 10-Oct-13 11:25:50

Some of you are either lying or are wearing the wrong bra size!

Amrapaali Thu 10-Oct-13 11:23:12

Do you think I can pass the test if I lift my arms up? That will hoik my Niels up... Hmmmm. But I need someone to place the pencil there and I am alone now.

Can I use DD's giant foam pencil? That's sure to fall off, right?

LegoCaltrops Thu 10-Oct-13 11:21:32

I have teeny breasts if I'm not wearing a bra, so do pass the test. However according to intervention threads on MN, I've recently discovered I am a 30DD/E. Which I can fill easily. The pencil test is clearly bollocks.

SorrelForbes Thu 10-Oct-13 11:18:53

30GG and more than able to hold up copious amounts of stationery.

Because I just can't help myself, has everyone posted on here read the Bra Guru Guide about measuring yourself? I'd put money on a lot of you not actually being a 34C/36B!

Calabria Thu 10-Oct-13 11:14:04

Mine pass the test if I stand upright with my shoulders back. 38DD and I'm over 50 [preen].

Sadly I cannot say the same for my belly...

VenusDeWillendorf Thu 10-Oct-13 11:03:36

Mine sagged like deflated baloons after breastfeeding, now rather large 30GGs. They still point forward and up, but there's a lot of squashy massiveness to them. I guess I could fit a tribe of Neanderthals under mine as a rain porch, if they were caught out without their umbrellas.

I think all these VIZ no bras days are all very nudge nudge wink wink as well. Having said that I don't think I could heave mine into a wheelbarrow just yet.

lurkingaround Thu 10-Oct-13 10:55:37

PMSL at this thread! And now have discovered the penis-dunking thread. I am having an hilarious morning!!! <house a total tip>

Jeez WHO on earth thought of a no-bra day. Had to be a man. What a nightmare. No way.

28G and pencil? Snort!!

Salbertina Thu 10-Oct-13 10:49:01

Thanks, Mum smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now