Which casual boot??

(23 Posts)
polyhymnia Wed 09-Oct-13 23:51:24

Please can I prevail on your patience and help again, to vote between this:

www.duoboots.com/ankle-boots/black-leather/mcqueen/d/

and this

gb.geox.com/Mad-Ankle-Boots/D34G5B00081C9999,en,pd.html?start=22&cgid=women-shoes-booties&prefn1=hexadecBasicColor&prefv1=Black

for a casual everyday boot, to wear mostly with skinnies, sometimes with a dress.

I was previously looking at a 'smarter' Geox boot, (Felicity), but have decided the gap in my wardrobe is more for casual.

Have more or less decided black is best but if anyone thinks tan better in the Duo, do say so.
TIA.

Roshbegosh Wed 09-Oct-13 23:58:00

They are both lovely but the geox is less conservative. Which style is more you? Do you like to look a bit edgy or smart?

Carolmillen Thu 10-Oct-13 06:28:35

duo ones are the nicest

SundaySimmons Thu 10-Oct-13 07:58:06

I like the duo style ones.

The geox ones are a bit German soldier for my liking. I don't like the addition of studs in the heel area.

AndTwoBits Thu 10-Oct-13 07:58:08

I prefer the geox, they are a tad edgier.

The Duo pair are absolutely lovely. Definitely those!

Sonotkylie Thu 10-Oct-13 08:07:47

Both gorgeous. You're going to have to find 'A Third Way' as no one could ever choose between them.
I prefer the tan Duo ones in the video but they don't look the same as the brown leather ones they are selling, so if you go for them, I'd stick with black. Is it just me or do those Duo videos remind you of the portraits in Harry Potter?

dexter73 Thu 10-Oct-13 09:06:11

I'm not a big fan of lace up boots so it's the Duo boots for me.

MarshaBrady Thu 10-Oct-13 09:11:20

Close but Duo I think.

polyhymnia Thu 10-Oct-13 09:56:42

Thanks so much.

They are indeed both lovely in RL ! I like to look casual smart but also at least one side of me wants to be a bit edgy at times.

Hard to justify spending on both sadly as similar use. Also prefer the Duo black, so would have two pairs of black.

I think on votes so far the Duo just have it.(See what you mean about their videos).

Any more votes welcome !!

Twit Thu 10-Oct-13 10:01:03

I like the good ones the best, the others look, to me, a bit old? I don't want to say the M word but yeah, that.

Twit Thu 10-Oct-13 10:10:46

Gah not helpful, the geox ones, sorry

Twinklestein Thu 10-Oct-13 11:20:42

I like biker boots in principle, but I think there are much nicer versions around than the Duo pair. Duo generally produces conservative mumsy versions of things.

Equally I like lace up ankle boots but those Geox are a bit bovver boot for me.

polyhymnia Thu 10-Oct-13 11:43:56

Twinklestein, I sort of know what you mean about Duo but have had very good boots from them in past. Don't really want to have too many more choices - but if you do have any versions of the biker style you think much nicer, interested to see them - so long as they don't have a higher heel than those, and aren't Clarks.

I know the Geox could be called a bit bovver boy - my DH may well agree with you when/if he sees them - but, to me, they're just the right side of the fine line between that and edgy and they just appeal to that side of me!

FaddyPeony Thu 10-Oct-13 11:49:47

Love the Geox actually. They're nice and neat for a lace-up boot and I think if they're your style you could really make them work. However, I personally would want them to be leather.

FaddyPeony Thu 10-Oct-13 11:51:17

By the way the Duo look stunning in the tan but less 'expensive' in the black iykwim - so just for that reason I don't think I'd take the plunge on them.

Dancergirl Thu 10-Oct-13 12:04:07

First pair look a bit mumsy to me, sorry.

Also not sure about ankle boots with dresses, how about a calf length boot?

FaddyPeony Thu 10-Oct-13 12:11:48

Love these Topshop Chelseas. They're on my list for when I can afford...

polyhymnia Thu 10-Oct-13 12:31:47

Actually, the Geox ones are leather. Only the lining isn't, which is pretty normal, I think.

Actually, haven't seen the Duo black ones in RL because they weren't in store - only the brown ones. And they have a matte, 'distressed' look which I really like -gather the black ones do too, so I think they would probably look better than the online pic.

FaddyPeony Thu 10-Oct-13 14:07:23

Oh I must have misread that, sorry polyhmnia. In that case, get them!

duo ones. although similar in next, m&s, etc cheaper. Duo boots do last though, I have knee high boots hat im selling on ebay because they are now too wide in the calf that have been worn loads but still look new.

polyhymnia Sat 12-Oct-13 11:11:19

Just to update, am ordering the Duo ones. Have been into store again and tried on in tan - very comfortable and look good. Do like them a lot in the tan, but guess, in light of past experience, I'll get most use out of them in black.

My DH was indeed aghast when he saw the 'bovver boots' in Geox. Btw, in light of recent threads, he never tries to dictate what I wear, just gives an opinion - usually constructive - when asked and does have good taste, I think - doesn't like either boring/frumpy/aging or way OTT things.

Decided I do agree with him on this one.

SpookyRestingFace Sat 12-Oct-13 11:16:39

I much prefer the Geox ones, despite the studs, which normally are a deal-breaker for me. Don't mind them here - actually love those boots!

The Duo ones are OK but not "wow" for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now