Please help! I have one week to find an outfit for wedding

(51 Posts)

I haven't left it until the last minute honest! I've been looking for months and have bought and returned a grand total of 12 dresses so far.....

I am a size 16. 5ft 7 Big boobs. (34G) Chunky calves. Hate my arms. I'm a bright spring colour wise I've come to the conclusion that the problem is I don't look good in dresses. But I have an inside leg of 33 inches so I can't buy trousers unless they are long/tall. Usually buy from Next as lengths are good but I hate everything they have this season.

I would really appreciate all suggestions. I had a budget of £100 but to be honest I'm so desperate I'm prepared stretch that.

darksideofthemooncup Tue 08-Oct-13 22:01:10

I have just bought this www.phase-eight.co.uk/fcp/product/phase-eight//Kiku-Leaf-Print-Dress/202252732. I am 5'9'' size 16, big boobs and chunky of calf. However, it looks FAB on and very very versatile. I know it's not the right colour but fab for an autumn wedding.

darksideofthemooncup Tue 08-Oct-13 22:02:01

£120.00 so a little bit more than you want to pay

tethersend Tue 08-Oct-13 22:29:35

How about a jumpsuit?

Something like this with heels, clutch and a wide brimmed hat

The first dress is out of stock in a 16 :-( (and probably too high necked for me)

Love the look of the jump suit (and the colour). But getting something to fit my short body and long legs would be hard....

123rd Tue 08-Oct-13 23:03:52

I really like that dress. Could you try phoning round some local stockists to see if they have it?

BillyBanter Tue 08-Oct-13 23:09:47
BillyBanter Tue 08-Oct-13 23:10:46

Or something else from their collection. A friend with mahoosive boobs swears by their stuff.

BillyBanter Tue 08-Oct-13 23:14:21

Love the velvet dress but it's too short and sleeveless for me I think :-( Will look at more of their stuff. Thanks.

The pepperberry dress is lovely but I'm looking for something with sleeves.

BillyBanter Tue 08-Oct-13 23:32:18
BillyBanter Tue 08-Oct-13 23:33:14

Yes for a wedding if you want it to be smile

not much sleeve on it though... :p

I'm also contemplating ordering that jumpsuit (and praying it fits which it provably won't)

Lola that collectif dress is perfect for a wedding and will be super super flattering with the nipped in waist and full skirt!

Do it! And get a petticoat!

A big no from me for the marisota outfit - far too grandmother of the bride.

And the jumpsuit. Sorry tethers grin

I knowgrin I'd probably try it on and then return it.....

IComeFromALandDownUnder Tue 08-Oct-13 23:41:34

http://www.theprettydresscompany.com/index.html

These dresses are designed for the curvy. My friend who is a 16 bought a red dress from here and she looked amazing.

Was about to order dress (and a petticoat) but postage is expensive and returns not free... Will cost well over £10 to not own a dress if I don't like it.

tethersend Tue 08-Oct-13 23:53:36

It's ok Bunny, my 70s obsession is my cross to bear grin

If you must get a 50s style dress <yawn> wink, then get something like this.

Love that black one.

I know 50's dresses are yawnsome but if you go proper vintage rather than those Lady V dresses it can still be good!

P.S. I didn't post but lurved your shoes on the boots vs shoes thread. Which did you go for?

tethersend Wed 09-Oct-13 00:00:10

I stuck by MN and got the boots. Haven't arrived yet though.

Still want the shoes, but since I'm currently sitting here nursing a broken shoulder from falling over NOTHING, I think the sensible option is best grin

Given that I've never so much as tried on a 50s style dress I think made to order is not the way to go.... But thanks.

But 50s style and jump suits are both a bit to out there for me I think. When I was more body confident it would have been ok, but I think I need something more classic.

Would really welcome any more suggestions.

nomorebooze Wed 09-Oct-13 09:38:01

im a 34h and this fit like a glove! got lots of complimentssmile

www.oasis-stores.com/winter-rose-print-dress/dresses/oasis/fcp-product/3470111868#

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now