Mini Boden

(18 Posts)
VacantExpression Tue 08-Oct-13 13:05:30

I've never bought anything from there before and have just had the book through- it is worth the money? Some of the stuff looks so damn cute I don't know whether to splurge!

cathpip Tue 08-Oct-13 13:09:29

In my opinion yes, the reviews are worth reading. A few key pieces, like the pinafore dresses and the towelling jog bottoms, as well as the boys jumpers and cargo trousers are lovely, well made and my faves.

SoftSheen Tue 08-Oct-13 13:14:42

Yes- the fabrics are lovely and the overall quality is very good. We have stuff that is over a year old, and has been worn and washed many many times, but still looks almost as good as new.

Worth waiting until there is a sale/discount code though- it is usually possible to get at least 15% off, and sometimes up to 70%.

applecrumbleandcream Tue 08-Oct-13 14:05:09

I've just bought my daughter the Fair Isle scarf and beret set with 20% off and the £10 voucher and free delivery..... bargain at £7.60 smile

applecrumbleandcream Tue 08-Oct-13 14:07:27

It's lovely and soft, good quality and nice colour and pattern but the scarf could've done with being slightly longer. ... just being picky though.

I've only ever bought for my dd but have always been pleased with the quality.

BeaLola Tue 08-Oct-13 14:36:24

I buy for my DS who is 5 as I love the designs and colour and quality .. I have only had 2 items not happy with. Sizing is usually generous but I tend to order say the 4-5 and 5-6 in and then try them on him and return one. He loves the cord blazer and he loves the casual jogging bottoms and tartan trousers and the unusual tshirts.

The items that were not as good as usual were the cowboy pjs and a pair of summer shorts.

I only ever buy if 20% off or more because i know there will be an offer.

VacantExpression Tue 08-Oct-13 16:14:42

Will look out for offers- thank you x

frankietwospots Tue 08-Oct-13 21:46:03

Z363 gives 20% off.

CockBollocks Tue 08-Oct-13 22:29:10

I have bought quite a few of the lovely patterned dresses - they are always fab.

Some of the plain cotton tops are great staples.

cupcakeicing Tue 08-Oct-13 22:32:30

My DS is 9 and I have bought lots for him over the years. Especially love the motifs on the tops and the shaggy lined hoodies.

mypavlova Wed 09-Oct-13 02:58:20

Yes, I usually buy a few favourites for each child. Then buy a size up in the sales for the next year. Great quality, age appropriate and distinctive.

dd1 is 7 and loves boden for the dresses. Shes quite girly in her style and hardly anywhere sells nice dresses and skirts, we are pretty limited to Boden, Joules and John Lewis.

I like the quality and it washes well. I do wish it was a little bit cheaper, I only ever buy with a code. even with a code £28 for a day to day dress is on the ££ side. We usually get a winter coat for each dd as well, the padded anoraks are the girls favourites. I wanted to get dd1 the Lottie johnnie b coat but missed out and all sold out in small sizes. Ikeep stalking the site and ebay but no luck in the red or the navy.

SausageDogGeorge Thu 10-Oct-13 12:49:04

I always get my DD (age 8) a coat each season from Boden.....they are fantastic quality & most importantly different from all the others on the high street. If you wait until there is a 20% offer on then they aren't much more expensive than places like Next etc. A great coat is definitely worth paying a bit more for smile

Jojay Thu 10-Oct-13 12:52:05

Worth it imho. Knitwear esp is nice, natural fibres and a touch of cashmere make for very nice cardi's!

Their padded anoraks are a favourite in our house too. I buy large so they do 3 years per child and are still good enough to hand down.

neolara Thu 10-Oct-13 12:53:47

My ds is now 7. We bought 4 mini boden shirts for him when he was 3. He has worn them pretty much in rotation for the last 4 years. They still look in very good nick. Some of the stuff is really fantastic quality.

TwinkleSparkleBling Thu 10-Oct-13 14:20:53

Yes, worth it. I have two young DD who are still going through the very messy stage. The clothes wash really well and they are fantastic if you want to return something.

I agree with only buying stuff when there are codes about.

Dancergirl Thu 10-Oct-13 14:41:18

Definitely worth it. But I agree, look for discount codes, I always buy with at least 15% off, sometimes 20%.

I have Mini Boden dresses that dds 1 and 2 have both worn and have now been passed on to dd3. And they still look good and not worn out at all.

Their coats are lovely especially their padded anoraks that they do every year.

And if you have a girl, their nighties are fab. Lovely, thick cotton and they wash really well.

lilacmamacat Thu 10-Oct-13 14:52:03

Boden have great clothes for kids - I like the fact that designs are child friendly but not childish (iyswim). Quality is excellent - you could easily get 3 or 4 kids-worth of wear out if it, and as SausageDG says, it is different to standard high street stuff. I do feel that it is somewhat expensive given that it gets grown out of in 6-8 months (due to a bean-poling toddler) so I generally buy second hand from eBay (they have loads of it) and the stuff has always been in excellent condition.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now