Shoes without straps fall off!

(17 Posts)
bertandmarble Sun 06-Oct-13 19:56:16

I can't wear any slip on shoes at all, court shoes, pumps... They just come off. Any ideas?!

SofaCanary Sun 06-Oct-13 19:59:34

Gaffer tape?

bertandmarble Sun 06-Oct-13 20:02:30

But what's the reason? What's wrong with my feet?!

I find them difficult as well and I find it's because I'm wearing shoes that are actually too big. I have different sized shoes now according to brand as i vary between a four, four and a half and a five depending on how big/small each brand comes up. I am most consistently the four and a half though so try to shop around to find places that do half sizes.

gaggiagirl Sun 06-Oct-13 20:08:34

same thing happens to me OP its because I have freakishly high arches and therefore 'deep' feet if you will. Lots of shoes are too shallow for me.

My feet are narrow and shallow and I have this problem too. Aldo are quite good for narrow feet, and Jones. Also LK Bennett and Hobbs I think.
Clarks are not, except lace ups.

You can get heel grips which help a bit

bertandmarble Sun 06-Oct-13 20:45:06

Yes, I have tried heel grips and they help a little. I still walk like a little girl in her mums shoes even in a size smaller than usual

bertandmarble Sun 06-Oct-13 20:46:12

Maybe I should go to Clarks and get my feet measured for the first time in 25 years

flowery Sun 06-Oct-13 20:48:42

I can manage some ballet pumps depending on the shape and how light they are but can't wear courts. I just always wear Mary Janes.

Sunflower6 Sun 06-Oct-13 21:39:19

I am the same I can't wear any shoes but Mary Janes anything else else just fall off my feet.

SherbetDibDab Sun 06-Oct-13 21:41:34

I have shallow feet and I really struggle to find any shoes that stay on my feet.

cloutiedumpling Sun 06-Oct-13 22:49:10

I have the same problem. My feet are quite wide at the front and so I have to buy wide fit shoes. My heels are quite narrow though so I end up walking out of court shoes. It is very annoying.

mojojomo Sun 06-Oct-13 23:59:00

Same here. It's Mary Janes or trainer-type things for me. I think I have a narrow heel so heel grips may help those styles stay put, but I believe podiatrists don't recommend court shoes and ballerina pumps anyway.

pudseypie Mon 07-Oct-13 08:27:32

Same here. I have wide feet and narrow ankles so I step out of everything. Mary janes all the way for me or boots.

HappyAsEyeAm Mon 07-Oct-13 09:07:40

I have exactly the same problem. I can only wear mary janes or covered in shoes or boots. I walk out of everything else, or I try and grip my feet into them to stop them falling off and then my feet really hurt as do my shins and I have to call it quits.

My feet are wide BTW, and I have bunions to boot, which make them even wider at the front. Less wide at the back (this makes it even more difficult).

I have given up, and now just accept this. I find that M&S footglove wide fit mary janes are great. They usually have one style per season that work for me, and I always buy whenever I see them, and in multiple colours if they are offered.

Meid Mon 07-Oct-13 09:10:23

Yep me too. I have never been able to wear certain shoes because of my feet - flat pumps being the worst.
I have pretty flat feet and wondered if that was the reason.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now