I need these things so who would like to help me find them please?

(59 Posts)

Item One - a 'going out' top with wear with midblue skinnies

Item Two - a going out top to wear with black skinnies

Must be cotton, silk or something and not polyester - must suit norks.

Item Three - black heeled shoe boots

Item Four - grey jumper dress, short enough to be mid thigh on a short-arse

Item/s Five and above - work top to wear with a black pencil skirt or black cigarette trousers

Thank you. smile

Yes, those BR ones are lovely. We haven't got BR here either though. I should have said that I can't be doing with ordering online, so need real shops. Am in Birmingham, so we have most high street stores.

MissDD1971 Sat 05-Oct-13 21:06:27

oh you're near the Bull Ring and the Mail Box?! Know it well! can't think of any stores there apart from Selfridges and Zara etc and used to shop in Coventry (when visiting my friend there).

not much use am I?!

smile

Twinklestein Sat 05-Oct-13 21:36:04

I have to say I don't like the second R&B shoes either, but I don't know your taste is so included a selection...

Revised budget suggestions:

Buffalo

Caprice

Twinklestein Sat 05-Oct-13 21:39:50

Oh Birmingham I thought maybe you were abroad! That Uniqlo grey jumper dress might be worth trying Mail Order, I've got it - it sits really well & it's really comfy.

Thanks. Like the first pair a lot but doubt I'd be able to walk in them as they are v high. Also - need a real shop.

Thanks again, Twinkle. No point trying ordering the dress online - I am awkward size/shape and ultra-fussy and I've given up on online orders unless it's something I've already tried on irl first. smile

Twinklestein Sat 05-Oct-13 21:46:19

Walking's over-rated...

grin

tethersend Sat 05-Oct-13 21:56:21

going out top or one to wear with skinnies, I don't really get tops grin

I like that, but too similar to ones I've already got tbh. I HATE shopping for tops, which is why I have a wardrobe full of skirts and jeans and nothing to wear with them. smile

tethersend Sat 05-Oct-13 22:05:14
tethersend Sat 05-Oct-13 22:06:01

Tops are a real fucker.

I don't do jeans, so always stick to blouses.

LOVE that - fear I may be too norky to get away with it though. It reminds me of being a skinny 17 year old in DMs. smile

tethersend Sat 05-Oct-13 22:15:39

I remember going out in one of my dad's not too dissimilar jumpers, tights and DMs grin

tethersend Sat 05-Oct-13 22:17:12

That was in reference to the grey dress, BTW- I like that black one.

Yes - it's nicer in black. There are a couple of black ones actually. Will investigate tomorrow.

I had giant jumpers knicked from then boyfriend, which always smelled of a mixture of fags and Lynx.

tethersend Sat 05-Oct-13 22:41:44

Yy, fags, Lynx and BOY HORMONES grin

smile

He had a ponytail though...I was utterly in love.

He was a prat...but I kept the jumpers. smile

FauxFox Sun 06-Oct-13 08:37:10
MissDD1971 Sun 06-Oct-13 10:51:05

FauxFox - you've done well!

sometimes I go into shops and see lots of tops in un manmade fabrics and sometimes not...

I saw a trend online - lots of butterflies and florals and dark florals. when I looked too.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 06-Oct-13 13:23:18

Check out Whistles- 25% off - finishes today. Grazia code WH25AW13

Thanks Faux. I like the dark floral Oasis one out of those, but don't really suit button up blouses, due to norkage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now