Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Coloured boots, yes or no?

(35 Posts)
Dancergirl Tue 01-Oct-13 22:01:09

I've always bought boots in neutral colours, black and brown mostly, but fancy some other colours.

I've been looking at Fly mes wedge boots that come in loads of colours. I really like purple!

Mad idea? Shall I stick to black?

sighbynight Tue 01-Oct-13 22:15:27

I have shoes in every colour of the rainbow, but I'm wary of coloured boots. There is something a bit Cbeebies presenter about them. Although I did see some nice metallic ankle boots today...

LamaDrama Tue 01-Oct-13 22:24:37

store.drmartens.co.uk/p-8132-dr-martens-new-auth-wedge-zip-calf-boot-.aspx

I love these, in red or green. Too expensive though!

Dancergirl Tue 01-Oct-13 22:38:31

I love those lama especially the red!

LamaDrama Tue 01-Oct-13 22:40:29

Sometimes they go on ebay for £40 second hand.

I want them all sad

LamaDrama Tue 01-Oct-13 22:43:01

They used to do green hmm

I have them in black & they are lovely, bought them from my friend though!

<obsessed with them>

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 01-Oct-13 22:44:37

I have Fly Mes in green. They are lovely! Don't stick to black

Dancergirl Tue 01-Oct-13 22:45:29

Hmm, not sure which I prefer now out of Fly London and Dr Martens..

Lazysuzanne Tue 01-Oct-13 22:55:11

purple boots..why ever notgrin

EdieBlizzard Tue 01-Oct-13 22:56:37

Yes! The red dm's are fab!

El Naturalista do lots of colourful shoes and boots. They're really expensive but very comfy and great quality.
www.elnaturalista.com/en/woman#/kind_of_shoe-ankle_boot-bota

duckyfuzz Wed 02-Oct-13 07:11:13

I've just had this conversation with myself, ended up going for black mes when I really wanted the red ones...

I got some dark purple seude ones from tk max at the weekend from 50 to 25 pounds they are fab

mewkins Wed 02-Oct-13 07:28:00

I would get the DMs over the Fly boots. I have the Fly ones and they are not very waterproof and scuff easily. DMs last forever in my experience so money well spent.

LifeofPo Wed 02-Oct-13 07:33:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

aufaniae Wed 02-Oct-13 07:39:11

I got some brilliant purple DM-type boots in TK Maxx a while back for about £30. Sports Direct (surprisingly!) do really cheap DM imitarions by Goldigga for £17 (reduced from £49 apparently). I got these but in green recently.

I love them. Mind you, someone recently insulted Fat Face on here by saying it was toddler clothes for adults, and I though "sounds great" grin

LifeofPo Wed 02-Oct-13 07:39:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

aufaniae Wed 02-Oct-13 07:41:23

Ooh we can do pictures! OK, these are the £17 ones.

aufaniae Wed 02-Oct-13 07:44:29

Oh look these are on sale. I want them now! Can't justify the expense atm. Why did you start this thread?! <sulks> wink

ibbydibby Wed 02-Oct-13 07:49:29

I have the black DM mid-calf ones, love them! Expensive but v well made and long lasting. Also - presumably sue to the rubber sole - my feet keep warm in them, unlike other boots where my feet have frozen. Really want another pair...

treaclesoda Wed 02-Oct-13 09:36:05

I have those DM boots too, in olive green. (or if not exactly the same, certainly very very similar). They are awesome. Have seen me through several winters, super comfortable, super warm and look better with every wear.

Dancergirl Wed 02-Oct-13 10:20:14

Think I am nearly convinced to get the DM ones!

Still not sure about the colour. Don't know if I'm brave enough for red, although it doesn't look too bright a red. Maybe purple? Or blue??

Dancergirl Wed 02-Oct-13 11:01:30

Are the DM ones quite narrow on the calf? I've got slim legs and don't like baggy boots!

SavoyCabbage Wed 02-Oct-13 11:07:03

I don't own any black shoes and neither do my two dds. It's not something I think about, I'm just not attracted to them.

treaclesoda Wed 02-Oct-13 12:33:52

I've got slim calves and find them a good fit. I found them very narrow across the top of the foot though and had to order a size bigger than I normally wear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now