Operation Renovation - The Christmas Countdown (part 2)

(792 Posts)

Our new home

8 days to go

lucysmam Tue 17-Dec-13 12:30:11

Hello smile

Well, I have a house viewing later on...fingers crossed we can sort the money out! The best the council could say was wait for a proper notice from LL and then go back so they can process a homeless application sad We'll see how I get on later on (I'm debating asking my dad for some help but think I already know what the answer would be).

Aaaanyway, sorry to be miserable! I plan to re-paint my nails and maybe do a bit more wrapping later on after the girls go to bed.

Have been round Primark this morning taking snaps so I can direct dp to some bits and pieces for me to unwrap.

Right, off to do some baking smile

lucysmam Tue 17-Dec-13 16:06:24

....<<<skips merrily into thread>>>...

Guess what?!!!! We're moving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin

It's tiny (confused ) so going to take a bit of freecycling and shuffling about of stuff BUT there is a garage so can bung boxes in there & sort at my leisure. paying bond off at £50 a month for ten months.

I'm sooooooo excited!!!! I have midweek wine to celebrate grin (but dp is at work sad ) so you lot can join me in a celebratory glass instead <hands round wine >

Totally off topic but, y'know grin

vvviola Tue 17-Dec-13 16:43:57

Woohoo lucysmam!!! gringrin

Great news! You must be so relieved. Will you at least get Christmas before you move though? Or is it an immediate thing??'

I continued my habit of de-frumping when I should be doing something else yesterday - should have been sorting out the house on my last free morning without the girls until January. Got my eyebrows & lip threaded instead grin

We've been at the beach a lot this week (I even swam on Sunday shock) so my hair is a lost cause, but my skin is lovely and soft from sand exfoliation wink

RemoteControlGeekToyOfTheYear Tue 17-Dec-13 16:56:58

oooh lucysmam that is amazing news! Happy Christmas to you all! It's brilliant that they're letting you sort the bond out over a period of time, especially since it's the difference between moving and not - yay!! <joins in the wine>

vvv fgrin I'm loving your distraction techniques, maybe I should try that instead of all the hoovering and tidying I've been doing lately! I did manage to sort out a large pile of clothes that I'd just abandoned though, so I suppose that counts as joint princessing and tidying.

Going to have to finish this post later I think. DP was pestering me to do a shopping list so I said 'in 10 minutes - you make a start' and now he keeps asking me what I want to put on it <goes away to put my head in my hands somewhere DP can't find me>

lucysmam Tue 17-Dec-13 17:17:59

grin 'tis rather a good day here! and to top it off, my dad's offered to drive the van, help with shifting stuff and pay any we fall short of towards the van!

(I shall be back later with a more princessy post, promise!)

btw Control your dp sounds like mine..."I'll go do the shopping....what do you want me to get?" confused

lucysmam a Christmas miracle!!! (Ok bit of an exaggeration but still...)

RemoteControlGeekToyOfTheYear Tue 17-Dec-13 18:35:51

Ooh - just going back to the subject of house princessing (tenuous link really!) - what's all this about christmas bed covers? Do you all have actual christmassy duvets, or are they just christmassy colours? I am feeling very envy and left behind...

lucysmam Tue 17-Dec-13 19:09:15

Control try Primark for a Christmassy duvet cover, I looked but couldn't justify buying one the other week with saving to move sad They were quite Nordic themed IIRC (I have asked dp for the blanket that matched though, sheepskinny type stuff one side & fleecey blanket the other by the look of it).

Helga it feels like a bloody miracle I tell you! grin I was convinced she'd say no to spreading the bond.

In other princessy news...2 sleeps until tidy brow day grin . have been in shower with the smallest & just waiting for my hair to towel dry a bit before I dry it. Am feeling a bit cba to straighten it though so will probably just dry & then leave until I get my hair cut Thursday.

I can't decide what polish for my nails confused ...I have the box out but think my orange/pinks might be a bit bright for winter maybe hmm Girls are off to bed in twenty so will rummage then and see what else I fancy

7 days to go

My Christmas duvet is a red and cream nordic style one red one. It won't last long, at €20 for a king size duvet cover I don't expect to but once it gets me through this Christmas I'll put it away till next Christmas.

Before this year it was just a Next red one. To me, it's the red that makes it Christmas.

RemoteControlGeekToyOfTheYear Wed 18-Dec-13 11:02:15

lucysmam primark do bedding fshock They must have it squirreled away downstairs with the menswear, where I never go, then! I'll have to see if they put some in the sale after Christmas.

helga that is a gorgeous set. I've just had a look to see if I an get one on Amazon in time for Christmas but all of the red double covers have gone, no surprises there then!

I had a fleeting thought that if I used large enough wool and needles I could probably knit myself a similar style throw in time. Then I remembered the last blanket I knitted and immediately changed my mind!

lucysmam Wed 18-Dec-13 13:57:35

<<pulls hair out>>

Saturday is moving day!!!!

Soooooo much to do!

<goes to find wine wine wine wine wine wine wine > (not really, got too much to sort)

On the upside, one more sleep until decent brows! grin

RemoteControlGeekToyOfTheYear Wed 18-Dec-13 21:56:29

Squeeeeee! Good luck lucysmam

Dilidali Wed 18-Dec-13 23:12:27

Helooo ladies! Are you nearly ready? Lucy, hope the move goes well. Enjoy tomorrow smile
Had my eyebrows threaded today, twas nice this time.
Bought myself a little present for the 100th day of the challenge, a pretty scarf.
Hope the rest of the week is nice for you all. More parties at the weekend!!!!smile

6 days to go

Round 2 of DDs vaccinations today. Not looking forward to it!

lucysmam Thu 19-Dec-13 10:24:13

Fingers crossed they go smoothly Helga, remember to take them up on the offer of calpol in case she's grizzly (mine were never too bad but I always took it just in case).

Eyebrows are done, I went to superdrug instead of the lady I have been going to....pics to follow on fb for opinions please. I think they look better....still patchy....but better!

Probably not do much more in the princessing spirit today apart from remove knackered nail polish. I don't think festive red with gold crackle over the top likes house moving much confused

Am just on my way to meet dp to pick keys up <<eeeeeeek!>> I have constant butterflies & haven't slept properly the past two nights. Am mentally packing boxes up even when I go to bed hmm I'm praying I look good for Christmas day with at least no big black bags under my eyes

lucysmam Thu 19-Dec-13 13:49:37

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!

dd1 needs picking up from school poorly! the woman we're renting the house from has accidentally taken the keys for the house to work with her & my head is going to pop!

RemoteControlGeekToyOfTheYear Thu 19-Dec-13 16:06:56

kucysmam do you have the keys now? How is dd? what a nightmare!

helga hope the vaccs went fine.

dili getting there! how about you? I'm liking the idea of your 100th day present. I think I'll do that in the new year - set myself little treats for keeping up with it all for so many days.

All parties over and done with here, only one more appointment to keep (cats' annual jabs in just over an hour) then that's it, I'm officially free to enjoy the holiday - whohooo!!! All obligations have now been met so I can chill down with a nice glass of something. Also, the top that I have been making in my dressmaking workshops is nearly finished - just got the sleeves to hem which I'm going to try on my own before my next session. Going to need to pick out a new pattern to start in the new year <excited>

Today's list:

Hair brushed
Makeup put on
Make up removed over the course of several bouts of tears in front of various GPs and nurses bloody nhs gynae consultant nearly screwed everything up for me
Fasting day almost complete
Nails are currently naked, but am eyeing up a dark red matte varnish plucked from the advent box a few days ago

'Santa' has been and delivered some extra presents to my advent box!!! This morning's was a gorgeous little manicure set because DP has taken notice of the attention I've been paying to my nails recently grin

5 days to go

Hope everyone is doing ok.

DD was very good after her vaccinations hurray! Although to make up for that she was VERY restless last night (we co-sleep). It took her ages to settle. Then she woke at 4 and didn't really go back to sleep so I'm slightly tired today.

I also have to go and brave the local shopping centre!!! BIL is buying me gloves for Christmas but wants me to pick them out so I've seen a leather pair in Next that will be good for when I'm pushing the buggy. I also have to get a new phone charger as mine seems to have died and my earphones aren't working properly either!

control that's some man you have there! DH wouldn't think to do that in a million years!
lucysmam I don't expect you to be around but if you are - stay strong. It will all be sorted soon!
dili love the present idea for finishing. If we keep the thread/idea going we could work that in somehow.

lucysmam Fri 20-Dec-13 12:00:14

quick check in while I have a brew

House is almost packed, both girls are at nana's for the night, just upstairs furniture to shift & we're good!

I have stress spots though sad

Roll on Sunday pamper night!!

ty helga, I'm trying! Have had a few wobbles though.

Control the only time we could both do for keys is tomorrow morning at half 9 shock so the van will be loaded and there not long after me!

Right ....back to boxes (must go for milk)

RemoteControlGeekToyOfTheYear Fri 20-Dec-13 12:22:56

aww good luck lucysmam will be thinking of you. Quite a nice day for a move really, as it's midwinter's day tomorrow so every night you spend in your new home will be getting longer and moving towards summer. <swallowed a sentimental pill>

helga so pleased the vaccs went well but sorry to hear about the disturbed night. If the schools haven't yet broken up around you then shopping might not be too bad. I'm been really amazed at how quiet it's been when I went to the shops. I had to go back to the post office yesterday and - shock! - there wasn't a single person waiting to be served, no queue at all!

DP's present from my advent box today was a luxury body lotion (star jasmine and white patchouli). Smells lovely and delicate, I can't wait to use it smile

I'm home in one piece! Shopping wasn't that bad though almost got blown away and am pretty damp, the weather is soooo bad.

I cracked and bought DD one last little outfit! It says first Christmas on it which nothing else does.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now